cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - I think I may have a mixed or split file!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax - I think I may have a mixed or split file!

Hi all, so I finally pulled all 3 reports and ALL of them had incorrect personal information.  I was able to call both Experian and TU to get the errors corrected.  Now, Equifax is a different story all together.  I tried calling all of the numbers that I have for them, and apparently, they are closed for the holidays?  Really?  Anyway, my name is butchered all to hell.  They have it listed as 

Name: INCORRECT NAME (first name mispelled)

Formerly known as INCORRECT NAME (last name mispelled)

The name on the file I was able to pull was the first wrong name.  I realized that something was up when I tried to do the dispute online and didn't recognize ANY of the security questions.

I will call them tomorrow and hope they are back from their holiday trip.  Good times.

Edited to add: So, I spoke with EQ today.  The rep was very helpful and went out of her way to get this corrected for me.  Basically, I had to fax copies of my DL and SS card to them.  Hopefully, this gets corrected soon.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax - I think I may have a mixed or split file!

So you were able to get your name fixed with 2 bureaus via just a phone call?  This did not work for me, as they stated I needed to send in my birth certificate and SS card, which I did.  Even after sending in the requested documents, none of the 3B revised my name; it's still wrong with all 3B.  I actually started a thread on this earlier today as it's been irritating me for a long time now.  Typical crap of having to jump through hoops to get something seemingly incredibly simple done...

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was absolutely stunned when they said they corrected the incorrect information over the phone.  They did have me answer some security questions, and then said they made the changes and to expect updated reports in 5-7 business days.  Both of the reps I spoke with at EX and TU were very pleasant and helpful.  I have a feeling EQ is going to be a different story, tho. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  I've never heard of the bureaus being willing to make changes to profile personal information without some sort of documentation backing it up.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.