Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax- Is this normal?

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Equifax- Is this normal?

So I pulled the latest copy of my credit report and noticed something odd with Equifax. I have 5 open Revolving accounts and 3 closed. EX and TU are reporting it correctly but for some odd reason EQ is reporting 8 open Revolving account and 0 closed. Basically it is reporting all of my revolving accounts open even though these accounts have been closed since 2014. When I see the comments posted by Creditors in the report it states as follows, "Account closed at consumers request" but EQ shows "PAID ACCOUNT / ZERO BALANCE" and even "CREDIT CARD" in the comment section. Is that a mistake or perhaps EQ wants creditors to report closed accounts differently? Any opinion is very much valued. Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax- Is this normal?

@Jaylima91 wrote:

So I pulled the latest copy of my credit report and noticed something odd with Equifax. I have 5 open Revolving accounts and 3 closed. EX and TU are reporting it correctly but for some odd reason EQ is reporting 8 open Revolving account and 0 closed. Basically it is reporting all of my revolving accounts open even though these accounts have been closed since 2014. When I see the comments posted by Creditors in the report it states as follows, "Account closed at consumers request" but EQ shows "PAID ACCOUNT / ZERO BALANCE" and even "CREDIT CARD" in the comment section. Is that a mistake or perhaps EQ wants creditors to report closed accounts differently? Any opinion is very much valued. Thank you

Its a closed account, they just say it differently.

Message 2 of 3
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax- Is this normal?

Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.