Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Issue

I am having an issue and I need help getting it resolved. I have had credit since November of 2014 and thats when my oldest account was open which is a Capital One Secured Credit Card & A Fingerhut account. The creditors have been reporting to Experian and Transunion but they also say they have been reporting to Equifax although my Equifax credit file is empty. It shows I have no accounts or anything on my credit report. Earlier this year I opened a WoodForest Revolving Line of Credit account and it reported as a new account and then a few weeks later fell off, eventhough the bank said they where reporting, nothing is showing up. I can't seem to get Equifax customer service to help me because they said I have to have my Creditors call Business Customer Service and instead the creditors prefer to send a letter. It has been over 90 days since I reported this issue with Capital One, Fingerhut, and Woodforest and still nothing is happening. What should I do? Should I send them a letter myself with a copy of my Experian and Transunion credit report along with letters from each of the creditors saying that they where reporting? Someone please help me because I can't even open a regular card because of this.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Issue

I don't have a good answer for you, but if it were me, I would contact Equifax one more time and make sure that you get a supervisor on the phone and if that didn't remedy the problem I would be filing complaints against Equifax with the proper authorities and I would be contacting an attorney that deals in consumer law. Most attorneys will give you a free consultation. Just make sure that Equifax has all of your correct information. I am sure that you have actual damages from this which would be grounds to sue them.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send them LETTERS until it is resoved.  They seem to not want to be bothered sometimes.  For me,  it's EX.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't have my birthdate on file, not sure if it had anything to do with it or not but I had to fax in a copy of my drivers license, social security card, and proof of address. I still do not have anything being shown on my credit file. They told me it could take 30 days but who knows.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.