Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Issue

I’m just wondering if anyone else has had issues recently with getting Equifax to lift a security freeze off of their account?

I’ve called them 4 times in the past 3 days regarding this and of course every time they tell me the previous agent processed it but it’s still active! Then they offer to remove it and process the request. Which I do and then of course it’s the same story, AGAIN!

Don’t know what else to do cause online their system isn’t allowing me to remove it. I know my other resort is to send the request through mail.

I just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issues or not.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax Issue

I have the opposite issue, cant lock my report. EQ is all messed up, there not updating certain tradelines, like discover (no update since June 2017) discover has sent 3 off cycle updates and no luck. I escalated with Discover and supervisor swears she will get that account to update. It's hurting my score cause disco has reported a $2 balance since June and it should be zero. Until it's fixed I am forced to have at least 2 accounts reporting small balances and for optimal score one 1 should report. I digress.

I'd stay on them and insist on speaking wit USA based CSR.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen that once again... the 4th attempt did not work! I am going to now be sending in my request through the mail for them to remove the freeze.

Equifax definitely has S*** the bed!
Message 3 of 14
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

If EQ freeze does not work, lock might be another option (the cheapest EQ locks: trustedid free but lock/unlock can take 48h; lock&alert plus: ~5$/month).

I believe that the lock should be free and instant but it seems that it is not.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m just wondering if anyone else has had issues recently with getting Equifax to lift a security freeze off of their account?

I’ve called them 4 times in the past 3 days regarding this and of course every time they tell me the previous agent processed it but it’s still active! Then they offer to remove it and process the request. Which I do and then of course it’s the same story, AGAIN!

Don’t know what else to do cause online their system isn’t allowing me to remove it. I know my other resort is to send the request through mail.

I just wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issues or not.

I had this issue with Equifax; and essentially they seem to be having some major split and mixed file issues. This is exasperated by the fact that their credit report control lock system is very sensitive to very slight information mismatches.

The fix is to call their personal solutions department, ask for a supervisor, and have them submit a ticket to their technical team. It can take up to 7 days; but my latest ticket seems to have been resolved in about 2 to 3 days.

You'll also want to address the fundamentals of the issue... which is to ensure that your current address is accurate, etc.

Message 5 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

If EQ freeze does not work, lock might be another option (the cheapest EQ locks: trustedid free but lock/unlock can take 48h; lock&alert plus: ~5$/month).

I believe that the lock should be free and instant but it seems that it is not.

The Equifax lock should be instant. If it's not instant there's some other technical issue going on. 

The only credit lock feature that is reportedly not instant is the Experian lock. The Experian Freeze goes into effect the next business day. Reportedly, their lock feature works the same.

But, the Equifax and Trans Union freezes and locks should be going into effect within approximately 15 minutes.

Message 6 of 14
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Here is the note below the lock button in trustedid:

• "Locking and unlocking your Equifax credit file could take up to 48 hours."

BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip! I’ll give them a call and see if they can help me out.
Message 8 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Here is the note below the lock button in trustedid:

• "Locking and unlocking your Equifax credit file could take up to 48 hours."

That sounds like just standard verbiage. In practice, the Equifax lock feature works straightaway.

Now, with all of their other issues... that's not to say that it will actually be working at all.

Also, there are a few time periods when their systems may go down. (overnight) So, this verbiage could be referring to that, as well.

Message 9 of 14
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I checked and it seems that the turstedid lock is instant (taking ~2-3 min). A few months ago, it was not working (a failed message was showing up). Thanks for the note. Then, I should cancel the lock&alert.

The EX CreditWorks℠ Premium lock/unlock is instant with a monthly fee.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.