Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Mortgage Services Inquiries

tag
newstart2010
Blogger

Equifax Mortgage Services Inquiries

So we are in the process of building a new home.  The financing company pulls credit through CBCInnovis.  And those show up properly on the credit. 

However...My husband and I both have random inquiries from Equifax Mortgage Services on our Experian and Equifax reports.  We only applied for credit through one place, and this is not them.  We cannot dispute anything right now as we are about to close in 5 weeks.  We never authorized any other pulls for our credit.  We are pretty serious about no pulls unless it is heavily investigated and a calculated risk.  

So my questions are:  Has anyone heard of this happening before?  I have seen other threads but everyone chalks it up to the mortgage process.  We know we did not authorize these pulls.  How dowe dispute the pulls after we close?  How do we figure out exactly who initiated these pulls so we can confront them?

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Equifax Mortgage Services Inquiries

finally got through by phone and they said they were used by merchant services company pulling our credit.  We are business owners but have had the same merchant services company for the last 3 years and have not applied to change.  So this company is pulling our credit definitely without authorization.  How do we go about removing these pulls?  I confirmed they were hard inquiries.  The company who pulled the credit is called North American Bancard.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.