cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax doesn't have my SSN on file?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax doesn't have my SSN on file?

@HumbleLobster wrote:

Thank you so much for posting this info.  I'm still not able to pull the DWs credit file from Equifax after 10 business days, so I assume that the information I faxed them was sent into a black hole.  I called the CSC 4544 line and was glad to hear that they did service our zip code.  I'll gather some of the DW's information this afternoon and give them a call to get this sorted out.  I'll update with information as I get it.  Thank you again, glad to see someone else had the same problem we are having and was able to sort it out.

I'm just glad I was able to help.  Honestly, if CSC Credit Services handles your file, there is literally NO POINT whatsoever in contacting EQ directly, as all they can do is forward the info on to CSC for you, which just delays things.

I seriously wanted to shoot someone after EQ after going through everything.  I wasted a month of my time, along with countless phone calls and multiple faxes, only to have to spend 10 minutes on the phone with a CSC rep (who actually spoke English), and a fax 15 minutes later to have everything updated and done with.  It amazes me how complicated EQ tries to make it.

If you're just trying to get your SSN on your file, they'll ask you to fax a copy of your DL and your SSN card.  After they receive it, it literally took them a couple hours to update mine, but it should be done within 48 hours at max.  After that, you're done.  It's really that simple, haha.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going through the same thing with them.  I refuse to fax a copy of my social security card anywhere.  They gave me this number to call, 800-685-1111.

I am wondering though, if my SSN isn't associated with my credit report, does that mean if someone tries to pull my credit using my SSN, they won't get a report/score from Equifax?

If so, I may just leave it as is.  Easier to deal with 2 credit bureaus vs 3.  I'm trying to get a mortgage and would definitely benefit from having just 2 scores for the lender to choose from than 2.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going through the same thing with them.  I refuse to fax a copy of my social security card anywhere.  They gave me this number to call, 800-685-1111.

I am wondering though, if my SSN isn't associated with my credit report, does that mean if someone tries to pull my credit using my SSN, they won't get a report/score from Equifax?

If so, I may just leave it as is.  Easier to deal with 2 credit bureaus vs 3.  I'm trying to get a mortgage and would definitely benefit from having just 2 scores for the lender to choose from than 2.

Not necessarily.

Right after CSC said they updated my file, I tried pulling my EQ report (literally within minutes), and for the first time I was actually able to pull it.  My one line of credit (CC) had been reporting since I first opened my CC account, which means even though I personally could never access my report, my CCC was still able to report on it.  This wasn't too much of a surprise, because it's possible to report on people's reports using other identifiers, such as name, addresses, birthdate, etc.

And even on the off chance your lender or another creditor can't pull your EQ report, it's most likely going to do more harm than help.  They aren't going to just say, oh well, I guess we'll use TU and EX, they're going to go, why can't we access their report?  I would recommend updating it, because for all you know things could be on your report that shouldn't be, or you have no history whatsoever.  Either way, follow the phone numbers I listed above, and you'll be fine.  The CSC fax is a secure line, along with the one's EQ gives.

Remember, every call is recorded, and if it wasn't secure, they would be screwed.  Think of it like this, they can already see your SSN, they're simply asking you to verify it.  If they wanted to, they would have stolen your identity a long time ago...

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, So I called to CSC and by my post code it maintained by EQ Fax. So what should I do now ? Can CSC do anything for me ?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you mmmmmm so much for your sharing. It helped me a lot. However, I just want to update some information.

I just called CSC Credit Services today by your provided phone number (800) 272 9281 and was noticed that the number has been changed. They gave a different number and when I called that number, it was the same line as (800) 555 4544.

I had to call back to Equifax and they gave me this direct number of CSC Credit Services: (800) 305 7868. It worked. And yes, their fax number is (281) 504 0667.

I will fax them my SSN and DL tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my credit score soon.

Message 15 of 19
lisaoprice
New Visitor

What the hell is wrong with these people? I've had a credit file with Equifax for **at least** 13 years. I have a credit monitoring membership with another reporting agency, and run a three agency report every three months due to a past problem with identity theft. I have hard and soft copies of reports from Equifax dating back 3 years. When I went to run my 3 agency report last month I got an error message stating Equifax had nothing on file for me. Scared me to death as I thought the ID theft had reared it's ugly head again.

I contacted them by phone and they deny *ever* having had anything on file for me. I downloaded the appropriate forms to confirm my identity, completed and mailed (along with a copy of the oldest hard copy credit report from them I had in order to prove their records are not correct), and sent it Certified Return Receipt so I could prove they got it. I just got a letter yesterday stating I need to contact my credit accounts and have them report my accounts as Equifax will then open a new credit file on me.   GRRRR!!!!

They'll be getting another letter from me very soon demanding satisfaction under Section 611 of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I'll send it certified with return receipt, again with copies of my documentation that supports my assertions. If it's not cleared up withing 30 days, I *will* proceed to the nearest consumer lawyer, since the Act also includes legal remedies for noncompliance, including punitive damages and reimbursement of attorney’s fees.

Asshats. How can they handle our personal information so wrecklessly??? If you or I performed our jobs the way these people do, we'd be fired in a heartbeat!

Message 16 of 19
GreekSunshine
New Visitor

I do understand your frustration....I don't know why that happens with Equifax a lot. Well same situation here....no Credit file is associated with my SSN. Smhhhh..send all documents now via fax after talking to a rep.

We will see.

Message 17 of 19
ch_suryakumar
New Visitor

Hi, I am going through the same pain. I have been rejected by most CC providers saying my Credit file is not avaialble. My banker called up equifax and learnt that they dont have SSN updated. I have tried calling all the numbers given in this thread. I am not able to get a rep on the phone. Can someone tell me the easiest way to get my file updated with SSN.

Message 18 of 19
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Equifax doesn't have my birthday on file!!

I faxed them my ID/SS but haven't heard anything back. I am wondering when I should be able to see the update? Was unable to sign up for scorewatch b/c they had no info.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.