Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax has 2,105 BBB complaints.

tag
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax has 2,105 BBB complaints.

also make sure you tried to get your credit report from annualcreditreport.com and not freecreditreport.com. I've had a couple friends come across this issue because they went on the website they see on TV (with all the cool jingles). but it's actually the spammy looking annualcreditreport.com that offers the free credit reports.

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 11 of 13
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

Huh....well this might explain why Ive been unable to get the free EQ report myself the last 2 years.

I used to be able to get all three, now EQ gives me the same crap about the info not matching. I go thru some process and it offers to sell me the report later.

I havent called them but Im not interested in dealing  with EQ anyway unless I absollutely have to.

TU FICO average 819
Message 12 of 13
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Update:

After complaining to the BBB, you would think they would actually try to help. Instead they sent a canned response stating they were going to mail me a report. Zero explanation was offered as to why it cannot be accessed online.

I called EQ, obviously not very happy.

After the rep pulled up my report. I asked her "How come I cannot dispute anything online, it keeps saying my information does not match".

Know what she said?

"Ya, a lot of people have a hard time doing it that way, that's why I tell people to sign up for.."

I hung up.

Folks, I think it's time for a class action law suit. They are deliberately blocking access in order to SELL you their plan.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.