cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax has no knowledge of April 16th tax lien removal!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax has no knowledge of April 16th tax lien removal!

I’ve been observing this site for quite some time now and have learned a lot in a very short time. I decided to finally contribute to the conversation. Saw a link referring to tax liens being removed as of April 16th from the WSJ as well as CNBC. Contacted equifax hoping to hear some good news in this matter being that I have a tax lien, but come to find out they were as surprised as I was having never heard about this! I know this wasn’t going to be instatantanious but was at least hoping to hear a time frame of the change NOT to be totally oblivious to the subject! I wonder has anyone else has anymore info on this matter?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax has no knowledge of April 16th tax lien removal!

I had one tax lien that was filed twice in two separate states in 2010 and 2012 because I moved.  I disputed through CFPB and EX removed them both.  TU removed the 2012 in the dispute but removed the 2010 today due to the changes in protocol.  EQ removed the 2010 through the dispute but kept the 2012 and it is still showing when I went to CCT to check my scores.  I was really hoping they would all be removed today or this week due to the changes in reporting but maybe EQ wasn't part of the new changes???  Hope that's not the case.  I wonder if anyone else is having similar issues with EQ.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gehrig88 ... Equifax is thick in the head, stubborn and dumb! You have to beat on them! Took me two years of riding them like a horse but, I did prevail and got my total record cleaned up.
Message 3 of 7
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

I'm in the same boat as you, tax lien removed from TU today (was already removed from EX through dispute) but still showing on EQ for me. I contacted them earlier today as well and they were clueless to this. 

However, I still have hope partially due to all the articles I've read have all said that Experian, Transunion, AND Equifax will all be removing them.

This quote below was copied from the Wall Street Journal arcticle about it, 

An Equifax spokeswoman said that "after a continued review of tax liens, Equifax determined that with only a small amount of tax liens remaining on our files, all tax liens would be removed and no longer be reported."

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! I did notice that my liens were removed form TU today, so progress is being made.

Message 5 of 7
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

Equifax removed mine. I don't know exactly when, but it was there 2 weeks ago and it's gone now.
FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ finally did remove the final Lien according to CK this morning.  No score impact though.  Now I just need to work on my 2 collections, one of which the SOL is up in Jan.  Should be clean by Jan 19.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.