Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax inquiries (online dispute)

what you are doing is against the law.
Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to scrubs.

Legality aside, disputing the inquiries as "not mine" could result in a fraud alert being placed on your CR. You may want to pull to make sure. Also, the dispute always goes back to the CCC. Some have been known to close and even delete the TL off your CR. I'm not saying that happened to you, but has happened to many.

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Achase wrote:
how can i remove a inquiry from transunion or exprian
Message Edited by Achase on 10-29-2009 02:03 PM
Message Edited by Achase on 10-29-2009 02:05 PM

Are these inquiries valid like the EQ inquiries? If so, same answer.
Message 5 of 10
Achase
Regular Contributor

well some of them are not customer generated. but i was not aware that it is a crime to deny it if it is  yours. because i have disputed collection account and charge offs after i paid them and they were removed and it was the creditor that i owed the money to that told me to dispute it since i paid them.. did they give me wrong information?

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Achase wrote:
well some of them are not customer generated. but i was not aware that it is a crime to deny it if it is  yours. because i have disputed collection account and charge offs after i paid them and they were removed and it was the creditor that i owed the money to that told me to dispute it since i paid them.. did they give me wrong information?

Per inquiries. if not initiated by you, then you may have an ID theft issue to deal with. If there's an Amex inquiry reporting and you know you never app'd for Amex, then a FA isn't a bad thing. However, it is common to get hit with a new inquiry if you request a CLI or new account. Plus, you may get hit with inquiries when opening many banking products. Certainly something to follow.

Collection items, like from a CAs or OC COs, are supposed to report after payment. Paying them won't delete them. What Steps Do I Take is a great link on removing old debts legitimately. They shouldn't have told you to dispute it. However there are times that accounts report inaccurately that disputing is a legit means to correct it.

Message 7 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

We also cannot advocate or advise you here regarding the dispute of correct CBR information other than tell you not to do it. Advising dispute of correct information is a taboo subject.
Message 8 of 10
Achase
Regular Contributor

thanks for everything guys sorry for posting such garbage on the forum.

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
We also cannot advocate or advise you here regarding the dispute of correct CBR information other than tell you not to do it. Advising dispute of correct information is a taboo subject.

Exactly.

That said, however, some creditors do explicitly tell you that while their policy prohibits them from deleting an inquiry or trade line, they will not verify it if the CRA asks them upon a customer-initiated dispute.  Smiley Wink

Many departments of social services do this when you pay your child support arrears.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.