Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax is the worst!!

tag
MacMan313
Contributor

Equifax is the worst!!

Ive recently have had my discharge processed for my bankruptcy. Ive been trying to dispute something that did not update on my credit report. For what ever reason my access to dispute stuff online is disabled. When I mail stuff, even certified I do not get the results. I cannot dispute over the phone unless i buy a report to get a confirmation number.

Bought the report online, happened to charge my debit card 5 times as it was continuously freezing. Customer care department is more worried about selling product then helping me resolve my issues.

EQ: 646 TU: 653 EX: 658 [CH7 Discharge 10/14]

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax is the worst!!

If they continue to refuse to properly validate the entry then file a CFPB report against them.

Message 2 of 8
MacMan313
Contributor

I cant even speak to a rep unless i buy there report! Apparently it doesnt matter if i subscribe to third party services and purchase reports.

PayPal Credit $2000 | Credit One Platinum $1200 | Grain $1000 | Capital One Quicksilver $700 | Capital One Quicksilver $500 | BrightWay $500 | Capital One Walmart Rewards $300
Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MacMan313 wrote:

Ive been trying to dispute something that did not update on my credit report.

Have you contact the source?  The CRA's don't pull updates.

Message 4 of 8
MacMan313
Contributor

Ive gotten the run around at the source. Sad part is it was a measly $35 collection. Account was both paid and IIB and it still shows a balance due. Have confirmation from debt.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

If they continue to refuse to properly validate the entry then file a CFPB report against them.

@gdale6,

+1..

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MacMan313 wrote:

Ive recently have had my discharge processed for my bankruptcy. Ive been trying to dispute something that did not update on my credit report. For what ever reason my access to dispute stuff online is disabled. When I mail stuff, even certified I do not get the results. I cannot dispute over the phone unless i buy a report to get a confirmation number.

Bought the report online, happened to charge my debit card 5 times as it was continuously freezing. Customer care department is more worried about selling product then helping me resolve my issues.

Understand ... that is exactly what they did to me. Finally, I buried them with official certified paperwork and they updated the total report after I bought their credit report to obtain the confirmation number. Note, I made them snail mail the report and I responded snail mail with everything documented. The online for me was a bunch of nonsense (truth stronger language should be placed here but I would NOT want to be politically incorrect). It did take four times but once I get mad I am a "pit bull."

Message 7 of 8
Chilli
Established Contributor

They did the same thing to me...I had filed a complaint with the CFPB, BBB AND MY STATE ATTORNEYS OFFICE.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.