Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax never sent my credit report, so I can't dispute it

+100 Maidengirl
Message 11 of 14
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

You can dispute EQUIFAX credit report without a report or a report number. Just go to their website and click "Dispute Info on Credit Report" at the bottom center of the page. Follow the prompts and EQ gives you complete access to your report.

thanks but I already mentioned I can't "follow the prompts" because "The following questions are based on information on your file, and only you should know the answers to them. "

HELLO MY EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT IS SO MIXED UP THAT I CAN'T ANSWER THE VERIFICATION QUESTIONS EXCEPT BY PURE CHANCE

but hey, I'll give it another shot maybe I'll get lucky

edit: nope, I have no idea what bank the mortgage was opened with, nor the monthly payment for the mortgage, nor what state, nor the name of the mortgage processor. And as such I can't get past the verification question

but hey, at least whoever hijacked my equifax report has decent credit! I so far got a credit line from it lol.

Message 12 of 14
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Curious why you have an AVG for your scores in your siggy. Do lenders take this in to account?
Message 13 of 14
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Lenders can if they want. but they generally look at one company's credit report. My behavior though is generally geared towards raising them all at the same time though.

@lhcole77 wrote:
Curious why you have an AVG for your scores in your siggy. Do lenders take this in to account?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.