Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax nightmare

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax nightmare

@biggdave92 wrote:

Well i finally get her CR cleared up.  Took 4 different disputes total.  First i cleared up her personal info.  Addresses, name, DOB.  Then i went after accounts.  The got the personal info right the first time.  Took 3 different attempts to clear up the rest.  Equifax is a joke.  They do not do their job.  I mean, i had already contacted all the creditors to verify that none of her info was on file, and equifax sent back reports that said "we have contacted the creditor and verified the info is correct".  Pure BS.  Oh well, its done.  Clear CR now.  Should sue those idiots.  No telling how much money she has lost in the past for this incorrect info.  Higher interest rates, not getting jobs, deposits on utility service, cell service, etc....

^^^^

Equifux sucks.  Good job getting your disputes through. I've had to enlist the CFPB... just for EQ.

Message 11 of 12
Cstone87
New Contributor

Re: Equifax nightmare

Equifax repeatedly does this to many consumers. They own a company/subsides eVID, and TALX with outdated data. They have been sued for purposely preventing access to consumers files. The FCRA is rather specific about not making it arduous or onerous for one to retrieve the report. As a last measure I would utilize the CFPB as they have a specific option that list "Unable to obtain my report". Its probably one of the most serious topics and infractions the CFPB investigates. I had this happen with EWS, Shortly after I was FEDEX my copy, and followed up via the CFPB to ensure I received my report. I suggest you do the same, at the very least to articulate that this is an ongoing issue. Again the CFPB and USDOJ compile a list of infractions. When they become an incessant complaint, as we saw with Telecheck, the CFPB moves quickly for injunction relief usually in the D.C circuit court.

@Anonymous wrote:

@biggdave92 wrote:

Well i finally get her CR cleared up.  Took 4 different disputes total.  First i cleared up her personal info.  Addresses, name, DOB.  Then i went after accounts.  The got the personal info right the first time.  Took 3 different attempts to clear up the rest.  Equifax is a joke.  They do not do their job.  I mean, i had already contacted all the creditors to verify that none of her info was on file, and equifax sent back reports that said "we have contacted the creditor and verified the info is correct".  Pure BS.  Oh well, its done.  Clear CR now.  Should sue those idiots.  No telling how much money she has lost in the past for this incorrect info.  Higher interest rates, not getting jobs, deposits on utility service, cell service, etc....

^^^^

Equifux sucks.  Good job getting your disputes through. I've had to enlist the CFPB... just for EQ.

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.