Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not recognizing Info?

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Equifax not recognizing Info?

Sorry...originally posted this in the wrong forum:

I'm sort of freaking out right now as my battle to get rid of fraudalent informatoin continues to frustrate me.  Yesterday I filed a dispute with Equifax online to remove a fake address from my report.  Today, I logged in to check the status, and it's telling me that they are unable to show my report because my information doesn't match their records.  I went to the main website to get a free report and got the same thing.  I am positive that my information was correct...I only entered Name, SSN, DOB, and Address... do you know why they would be saying my information is not matching their records?  Again, this worked fine yesterday.

Is it because of the fact that I disputed the old address, and if so does this mean my report is frozen (IE not going to work should I seek new credit)?  Is there a good phone number where I can get some direct help from Equifax?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax not recognizing Info?

I ran in to exactly the same thing with Equifax a few weeks ago when I was trying to update employment info. Last week I was putting together a bunch of printed materials to attempt to get it done via snail mail. Decided to give it one more try online, and presto! They let me in. And they had the update done in three days. TU was two days. EX has been over a week, and not a peep.

Message 2 of 8
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Sorry...originally posted this in the wrong forum:

I'm sort of freaking out right now as my battle to get rid of fraudalent informatoin continues to frustrate me.  Yesterday I filed a dispute with Equifax online to remove a fake address from my report.  Today, I logged in to check the status, and it's telling me that they are unable to show my report because my information doesn't match their records.  I went to the main website to get a free report and got the same thing.  I am positive that my information was correct...I only entered Name, SSN, DOB, and Address... do you know why they would be saying my information is not matching their records?  Again, this worked fine yesterday.

Is it because of the fact that I disputed the old address, and if so does this mean my report is frozen (IE not going to work should I seek new credit)?  Is there a good phone number where I can get some direct help from Equifax?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I couldn't get mine today either. Which makes me nervous. They want some verification documents sent in, so I'm going to go that route. But man, what a hassle.

Are you needing to apply for credit right away? They'll sort it out but it often can take some time.

Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

Is it because of the fact that I disputed the old address, and if so does this mean my report is frozen (IE not going to work should I seek new credit)?

No, you have to request a freeze.  It happens sometimes with the CRA's -- more so with some than others -- and you just have to try again or call in to get it sorted out.  Sorry, I don't have a number for EQ.  You've already tried the ones on their site?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is Equifaxs newest stall technique.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me recently..I called EQ and demaded to update my address without my drivers license and SS card like they were requesting. I did screen shot an online bank account with my name and address but I argued the fact that TU and EX did not have any issues updating from  all of my accounts reporting. It was frustrating..but it  worked. That was yesterday. Today, i can access my EQ

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Faxed twice the information they requested (I own two homes, like they can't see that on the CR?), sent in w2, license, Ssn and that was still not enough, also snail mailed it. Then again faxed the same as above with a utility bill. They are just stall tactics. I can honestly say I absolute despise them. They have two complaints for reaging obsolete accounts, and are just giving the run around.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shaking my head...
Demand...ask for supervisor. It worked for me. I was rather upset that they even asked for that info!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.