Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax now offering all 3 scores??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax now offering all 3 scores??

I have equifax monitoring thru their website. I logged in today and it shows a new offer of all 3 credit scores including experian. Has anyone tried this and is it a true experain score???

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax now offering all 3 scores??

Just called them and was told that it is not a true fico but they use the same scoring as fico to get the score.

Not sure how accurate that is.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's not accurate at all. DW uses a service called Equifax Credit Complete and she gets 3 scores once a month I think, or maybe it was when she signed up. Anyway, it was about 20-30 points lower than her EQ FICO when pulled at the same time and about 50+ points off from her TU FICO when pulled at the same time. IIRC, she gets a new FAKO each time for EQ and that's consistently off. We ignore it.

The score is a FAKO and it is called an "Equifax Credit Score". (lacks originality in the name).

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

At this time no 3 in 1 monitoring service offers FICO scores. That could always change of course but it's something to keep in mind.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

It's not accurate at all. DW uses a service called Equifax Credit Complete and she gets 3 scores once a month I think, or maybe it was when she signed up. Anyway, it was about 20-30 points lower than her EQ FICO when pulled at the same time and about 50+ points off from her TU FICO when pulled at the same time. IIRC, she gets a new FAKO each time for EQ and that's consistently off. We ignore it.

The score is a FAKO and it is called an "Equifax Credit Score". (lacks originality in the name).

I sort of like the Equifax Credit Score due to its EQ FICO feel. But there are a few differences in my case, the most painful being that the two oldest cards, an AU and an "open" account type, on my credit reports don't count, so the age of my oldest credit card is listed as just a little more than one year. Still, the average of my three scores is about 750, which I'm fine with considering the AAOA of my three "individual" accounts is 8 months.

My EX PLUS scores are right on with 20 points subtracted across the board. TU's TransRisk will never be right though, since an A for the number of cards requires 21+. VantageScore is pretty odd too.

I look forward to my EX FICO from PSECU. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya equifax complete is absurdly wrong. Like i've stated before, I only have negative things on my record and somehow with them I have all three scores ranging from 620-640

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.