Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Equifax "FICO SCORE" TV Ads....

i noticed a lot of tv ads for equifax...they state that "Fico scores are the ones that most creditors use, get your FICO score at Equifax" ...they say this multiple times and are offering free "FICO score, until March 1"

has anyone else seen these ads or use this service?   How can they offer "FICO" scores?  I thought only here...

Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax "FICO SCORE" TV Ads....

I haven't seen the ads, but someone posted recently that they saw an ad somewhere.

FICO and EQ have a relationship together. You can get your EQ FICO directly from EQ if you order it with the report. They also offer SW. However, if you get their 3-in-1 report, it is my understanding that all the scores are FAKOs.

[ Edited ]

Equifax is the only credit reporting agency that exclusively provides the FICO score to consumers.  Consumers can rest assured that any Equifax product they purchase, including Equifax 3-in-1 Monitoring + FREE FICO Score, will only contain the FICO score. 

Equifax and FICO do have a relationship; it is that relationship that enables Equifax to provide consumers with the FICO score in all of its products and for FICO to provide Equifax Score Watch through

Edited to remove personal information

Message Edited by Barry on 03-16-2009 03:24 PM
New Contributor

Now, I like the sounds of that.  I am truly impressed that the 3 in 1 is a FICO based score.  I have the SW and Credit Watch 3 and 1 Monitoring.  I am going to actually go and use my 3 in 1 and see what the scores are now that I know it is FICO derived.  One thing I know for sure is that of the 3 CRA's, I have had the best of luck with Equifax when I have a dispute or question.  With my creditwatch, when I call the 1-800#, I almost always talk to somebody that sounds like they are from the states and you can actually understand them and that is truly a treasure.

Moderator Emerita

[ Edited ]
I just got off the phone with EQ CS, and the only FICO score is the EQ FICO score. It's a one-time deal on the score: you get it when you first sign up, presumably when you get your one-time 3-in-1 report.

I have this service minus the EQ FICO score, and the daily access to my full EQ report is great. But it's not a 3-in-1 service for FICO scores, from what I read on the site, and from what I got from the CSR.

eta: We're checking on this though, to make sure that we're all singing from the same hymn book.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 03-16-2009 03:41 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.