cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax rep has agreed to update the current status on my NMAC account!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax rep has agreed to update the current status on my NMAC account!

Just wanted to share...

In Feb 2007 I paid off a loan with NMAC (Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp).  At that time the account was current.   There were 4-30 day lates back in 2003 that I do not dispute.    The "Current Status" field at this time was "Pays as agreed".   In Aug 2007 NMAC changed this status to "Pays 31-60 Days".   My score dropped by 40 points!   They changed this 6 months after the account had been paid off and there was no activity on the account.    Since then I have been disputing it like crazy.   I have called and faxed NMAC a million times.  Nothing.   Finally last week I emailed Equifax and today a lady called me back and said that it was ridiculous that NMAC was reporting it that way and was changing the current status back to "Pays as agreed" and would put a freeze on the account so NMAC can't come back and change it again.  I know I won't get the entire 40 points back but at least it won't keep showing as a delinquent account.   Now I just have to work on TU.  (It is OK on EX for some reason.)    Never give up!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax rep has agreed to update the current status on my NMAC account!

nice work-
Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax rep has agreed to update the current status on my NMAC account!

Good job twt11. You might actually get those 40 points back. The status section is reserved for how you made the latest payment. They tried to screw you with that one. I recently had the status change on both TU & EQ for a 30 day late on a mortgage (inaccurate). When my mortgage lender pulled my credit, I got a SW alert and EQ went up by 26 and TU went up by 43. The thing would have turned three in April.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.