Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax report issues

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Equifax report issues

For unknown reasons, I cannot get my Equifax report.   I don't get any reports on USAA or Privacy Matters.  I tried buying the Equifax credit reporting product and it failed online.  I then called and they tried multiple times without success.  After about 5 tries, they couldn't figure out why the report couldn't be pulled and told me to call back in about a week for them to look into it further.   This seems odd, I have no idea what could have happened on my Equifax report, there is no credit freeze.    I called Experian and they confirmed that Equifax was sending them an error when my credit monitoring tried to get the report updated.

When I try ordering it on MyFico, I get the following error:

Our apologies, an error has occurred...

We cannot provide you with your FICO® Score and Equifax Credit Report as Equifax was unable to find credit records matching the personal identification information you submitted. Your account has not been charged.

This seems pretty odd.... anyone else experience this before? 
04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cluelessoregonguy
Contributor

Re: Equifax report issues

I experienced similar because I didn't have an account on Equifax that had at least 6 months of history. I had a weird power bill thing on there from 4 yrs ago that got me a score for a bit but as soon as I disputed it it was temporarily excluded from calculating the score.

So I guess if the only accounts on Equifax over 6 months old are disputed you still won't get a score. Has to be something that counts and at least 6 months of history.

Message 2 of 3
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax report issues

My oldest count is my AMEX from 1999.  I haven't disputed anything on my reports in a couple years.  There are no freezes or fraud alerts (that I am aware of) on my credit EQ.  My USAA credit monitoring doesn't even give me updates anymore since EQ is erroring out.   I do get TU and EX from Privacy Matters, but still no EQ updates.   

I am at a loss as to why I can't access my EQ.  I am refinancing my mortgage, so I hope EQ doesn't mess that up.  This EQ issue started before refinancing.  So far, no report of any EQ issues from my mortgage co. 

Guess I have to wait a week for EQ to figure it out.  

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.