Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax report not accessible to external agencies! What to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax report not accessible to external agencies! What to do

I haven't been able to access my Equifax report through various means (Credichecktotal, Credit karma, mint.com), and even on speaking to customer service of these agencies, they mentioned that they could not access my Equifax report. I sent Equifax over a letter detailing my problem, and they sent over a paper copy of my credit report, and said that they couldn't find a problem. The report contains all my credit card info correctly, and the funny part is it even shows soft pulls from Experian (which operates creditchecktotal) and Mint. However, it seems that even though Equifax is getting the pull requests, it isn't sending my data to these agencies. Even after bringing this to Equifax's attention, it hasn't been fixed.

Are there any suggestions for what I can do to get this resolved? Equifax's customer support is just atrocious, and was curious to know if there were more effective methods to get Equifax to look into it. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bigred1967
New Contributor

Re: Equifax report not accessible to external agencies! What to do

I'm having the exact same issue but you can go to their site and check dispute or submit dispute it says down for maintenance possibly thats the problem..

Message 2 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm dealing with this for the fourth time since 2013. I've been unable to get anywhere with Equifax whatsoever, so as I've done previously, I've filed a CFPB complaint. That eventually temporarily resolved the problem before.
Message 3 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This is the third thread on Equisux not releasing to creditors/ect. I replied to another thread about addresses caused the inablity for my bank to pull my report. First excuse. That was fixed. Now its still a Equisux fail again. My bank rep has tried 3 times to run an app. She called the banks UW and he said they wont release my report to them due to "mixed file". Now. The bank called the rep that works for Equisux for banks, mine included. So there is a business side. They wont talk to me. Only the bank.

Equisux told the branch I needed to call the consumerr side and have the mixed file released/fixed. 4 calls from me to Equisux and they keep saying that there is no fraud, freeze, mixed, split file on my file. Bank rep called the rep for the bank back at Equisux and told her that I am being told my file is fine to pull. They still say no go. Why this lady at Equisux who only talks to coporate banks cant fix the problem is beyond me.

So 3 days, 6 calls to consumer side from me. 4 calls from my branch to the banks UW and the rep at Equsux for my bank. And we have nothing. One says its the other. So I filed a CFPB complaint today also. I pulled my 1B Equisux MyFICO report the other day and its clean, no alerts. CK reported today, no alerts.

So now its a wait and see what the CFPB can do. The bank has its hands tied because these idiots at Equisux will not let my bank pull my report. Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even CK is not able to access my report. It doesn't even seem to be a split file, as the paper report the sent over had all relevent details. Haven't even moved from my address

So what did you guys do? FIle a CFPB complaint and let Equifax know via letter or something that you have done that?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigred1967 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue but you can go to their site and check dispute or submit dispute it says down for maintenance possibly thats the problem..

This issue has been going on since I first got my credit score and opened an account with Creditkarma, which was 1 year ago. There has been no resolution yet.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like lots of people have had problems with Equifax. So the best method is to just go along with the dispute process (if working)?

Message 7 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I read Eqisux's Twitter page and this dispute downtime where no one can login and the server error page on the website should be fixed by Friday.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.