cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax reported cc balance increased by 24566%!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax reported cc balance increased by 24566%!

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got a myFico alert that EQ reported an account balance increased by 24566%.  The balance went from $6 to $1480 - that's 246.33%  Looks like a decimal issue.  Makes me wonder if their system wasn't more impacted by the hack then they are letting on.  My actual cc balance for that account was a little less than that. It'll be interesting to see how this impacts my EQ fico score.  Dang!  I don't need this mess right now when I'm preparing for a mortgage in the next 6 months. I hope they get things straighten out by then.

I intended to pull my Fico reports shortly - and examine the EQ report very carefully.

Actually if your balance were to report $12 that would be a 100% increase, $18 would be a 200% increase and $24 would be a 300% increase.

The % increase for the above should be 100 x (1480-6)/6 = 100x(245.667) = 24,566.7%

Yes, I see now. Thx for the example. Smiley Happy  Still that percentage is a shock to the system.  

Message 11 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I am so relieved to see that I'm not the only one so much of a math geek that I immediately picked up on that.  Smiley Embarassed

My utilization is in the 20s; I would have an absolute coronary if I saw that big of a percentage increase!

Message 12 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

EQ is definitely wonky right now. Hubby's EQ is saying that an account that's been inactive for 6 months is now active and the balance has decreased $800. We're doing special financing on that card and the purchase was made in February and the $800 is what we've paid so far. And it's been reported every month since February.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I am so relieved to see that I'm not the only one so much of a math geek that I immediately picked up on that.  Smiley Embarassed

My utilization is in the 20s; I would have an absolute coronary if I saw that big of a percentage increase!

I almost did.  I never been so glad to have been wrong in my math calculations so much in my life! LOL!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
EQ is definitely wonky right now. Hubby's EQ is saying that an account that's been inactive for 6 months is now active and the balance has decreased $800. We're doing special financing on that card and the purchase was made in February and the $800 is what we've paid so far. And it's been reported every month since February.

Since February - I hope that doesn't mean that the hack happened earlier than they claim.  That would be bad.  Really bad.  The next year or so is going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.