Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

I just signed on to TC and noticed that Equifax is reporting my credit limits as my high balance. The credit limit field is empty on my credit report. I just wanted to know if this affects how FICO calculates scores or not. It seems they did it for all my accounts, open or closed. Any input  is greatly appreciated TIA.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

Takunda1 wrote:
I just signed on to TC and noticed that Equifax is reporting my credit limits as my high balance. The credit limit field is empty on my credit report. I just wanted to know if this affects how FICO calculates scores or not. It seems they did it for all my accounts, open or closed. Any input  is greatly appreciated TIA.

Have checked your CR at EQ's website or at myfico?
Message 2 of 3
annah618
Established Member

Re: Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

Sounds like you have a capital one card... they do not report the cl, only the high balance. FICO uses the high balance as the cl to calculate your util.

I have a capital one card too, but my util isn't messed up because I maxed it out once. My DH has 2 capital one cards, one has a limit of 3500 but his high balance is only 500 so his util looks really high when he only has a balance of like $75

Check this out:

Message Edited by annah618 on 07-20-2007 02:50 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.