Established Contributor
Takunda1

Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

I just signed on to TC and noticed that Equifax is reporting my credit limits as my high balance. The credit limit field is empty on my credit report. I just wanted to know if this affects how FICO calculates scores or not. It seems they did it for all my accounts, open or closed. Any input  is greatly appreciated TIA.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

Takunda1 wrote:
I just signed on to TC and noticed that Equifax is reporting my credit limits as my high balance. The credit limit field is empty on my credit report. I just wanted to know if this affects how FICO calculates scores or not. It seems they did it for all my accounts, open or closed. Any input  is greatly appreciated TIA.

Have checked your CR at EQ's website or at myfico?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Established Member
annah618

Re: Equifax reporting CL as High Balance

[ Edited ]
Sounds like you have a capital one card... they do not report the cl, only the high balance. FICO uses the high balance as the cl to calculate your util.

I have a capital one card too, but my util isn't messed up because I maxed it out once. My DH has 2 capital one cards, one has a limit of 3500 but his high balance is only 500 so his util looks really high when he only has a balance of like $75

Check this out:

Message Edited by annah618 on 07-20-2007 02:50 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}