cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax says myFICO is a hard inquiry but...

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax says myFICO is a hard inquiry but...

The true test of a so-called hard inquiry is whether others can see it, not the consumer.

If you obtain access to a credit report pulled by a creditor, for example, it should not show.

The same applies when a CRA generates a score using the FICO algorithm.  Those coded so that others dont see them are also excluded from scoring in the FICO algorithm.

Message 11 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jake619 wrote:

OK thanks.  I guess the EQ Agent was uninformed.  While he says the myFICO hit today was hard I guess he was wrong.  I'll pull my report next quarter and see what's on it.  Thanks all!

If you look in here you'll find MANY posts talking about uninformed EQ CSR-types. It's amazing the amount of disinformation that comes from them. There are a few posts in here from EQ agents saying that they scores they offer are FICO scores, when in fact the scores they push are FAKOs. Or even a couple posts in here saying that the agent told them that myFICO does not offer FICO scores. Anything to sell you on something I guess.

Message 12 of 13
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

If you look in here you'll find MANY posts talking about uninformed EQ CSR-types. It's amazing the amount of disinformation that comes from them. There are a few posts in here from EQ agents saying that they scores they offer are FICO scores, when in fact the scores they push are FAKOs. Or even a couple posts in here saying that the agent told them that myFICO does not offer FICO scores. Anything to sell you on something I guess.

It's pretty frustrating that the single piece of information that has such a strangle-hold on our lives is so amiguous.  It's like taxes - have your return prepared by three different preparers and you owe or overpaid by three different amounts?  How exactly is that?  If we are to get a grip on our personal activities and understand how those activities affect our credit info there should really be a better, more easily understood process explained to us - the credit holders.  This system leaves too much to chance.  

</rant>

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.