Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax score on myFICO different from score directly from Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax score on myFICO different from score directly from Equifax

I just ordered my free trial score from myFICO and it says my Equifax score is 30 points lower than the printed Equifax score I have from YESTERDAY.  I ordered my score directly from Equifax yesterday through annualcreditreport.com.  I have it printed.  Why would the score on myFICO be so much lower only 1 day later?  Nothing is new on the report.  

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax score on myFICO different from score directly from Equifax

Equifax has now gone over to the credit Dark Side, and it now provides FAKO's, not FICO's, from its site.

Take another look at the score that you got from them, and see if it says FICO (rather than "credit score", etc.) on there. I suspect it doesn't.

Oftentimes if you scroll to the very bottom of the screen (or squint at the print-out), you'll see pale grey printing in minus 40 size font saying that these scores aren't FICO scores.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I think that is because the EQ score you paid for is not  a true FICO.

One of the MODs on another post said you can get a true FICO on EQ but it is hard to find.  I haven't found it yet so it must be hard to find Smiley Happy

So I am thinking unless you spent time to find the correct link in their website for the true FICO score, it is a FAKO.

BTW, I don't like the way they changed their site a few months ago. . . for this very reason!

Message 3 of 9
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Haulingthescoreup, you type fast. 

We were both responding at the same time Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the quick response.  I'm glad I checked this website today so I know what score I'm really dealing with.  Thinking Dave Ramsey needs to change the referral on his website (refers to annualcreditreport.com).  Thanks again!  

Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, Dave won't send anyone to us, because we tell people that it is possible to handle credit responsibly, and in fact, to make some money off of it.  Smiley Very Happy

annualcreditreport.com is a great source to access your reports. But the credit bureaus trip all over themselves to sell consumers FAKO's at the same time.

In fact, many of us have credit monitoring services that also have FAKO credit scores. You just have to learn to ignore the scores and advice, and focus only on the reports.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Scuba wrote:

Thanks Haulingthescoreup, you type fast. 

We were both responding at the same time Smiley Very Happy

Practice, practice! And you get points for being concise, which is not part of my skill-set. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

wrong post

Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Scuba wrote:

I think that is because the EQ score you paid for is not  a true FICO.

One of the MODs on another post said you can get a true FICO on EQ but it is hard to find.  I haven't found it yet so it must be hard to find Smiley Happy

So I am thinking unless you spent time to find the correct link in their website for the true FICO score, it is a FAKO.

BTW, I don't like the way they changed their site a few months ago. . . for this very reason!

I was probably one of those who said that. I need to change my words just a bit.

I could be wrong but I believe the "Score Watch" score for sale there is the same EQ Beacon 5.0 offered here. I would let someone else confirm that though before I bought anything.

But the "Equifax Complete" is all FAKO's.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.