cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax updates when you dispute Transunion...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax updates when you dispute Transunion...

I've been doing a lot of disputing over the last 2 months--this has been the main source of my score increases, along with low utilization...I thought I would share something I've learned To my knowledge I have not once disputed anything with Equifax, yet when I dispute with another agency, Equifax updates itself. Odd right? As long as I have filed something through truecredit.com or creditexpert.com it changes my Equifax report as well. Very handy. Anyone else find this to be true?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax updates when you dispute Transunion...

That doesn't sound right.. the CRAs do not share information.
Message 2 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Never dispute through TC.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if it's triggering something on the lender's end--meaning:

lender gets a call from a crdit agency to verify info,

lender updates info and changes it if incorrect.

Lender now has info in their system that has been modified by the inquiry.

Another month rolls around, other credit agencies get their monthly updates.

The most recent updates show the newest info reported by the lender

Agencies start reporting similar things on your 3 credit reports.

This is still a theory, but it seems to be almost fact at this point. I get scorewatch updates every few days or weeks notifying me of changes to my credit report--these changes are referring to disputes I made with the other 2 credit agencies. I have never disputed anything with EQ, yet they are reporting updates on the same dates and times that transunion and experian are reporting updates--so It leads me to believe the lenders are updating their records based on one dispute and sending them to all agencies
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why never dispute through true credit? I have had lots of luck disputing through them....what did you dispute through them? They have removed nearly everything wrong
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:

Rifleman wrote:
Why never dispute through true credit? I have had lots of luck disputing through them....what did you dispute through them? They have removed nearly everything wrong
I myself have recently signed up with TC. Why is it not a good ideal to dispute through TC. I haven't disputed through them, but just wondering in case I need too.
Thanks,
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this happen to me several times. I disputed something with EQ and it remained the same on EQ but changed on TU. I disputed a collection on EQ and it was deleted from both EQ and TU - not EX. I disputed some lates on EQ and they came off - unfortunately this one didn't work on TU. There certainly is something to this...
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have disputed with Experian before and the incorrect information was updated by all 3 when I check each new report.   I'm guessing that since the banking institution reported to all 3 bureaus that they just automatically notified all 3.   Happened to me a couple times and saved me time not having to contact the other two.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump- We are requesting more nformation on this.

smallfry wrote:

Message 9 of 11
Cory
Established Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
That doesn't sound right.. the CRAs do not share information.

I have to go with Rifleman on this one. I believe that they do share information with other agency. They want us to think that they don't.

I had that same experience with TU and EQ. Experian is worst bureau out there if you ask me. It's hard to get a negative TL removed from EX when trying to dispute it.

I believe that the lenders prefer to leave the negative information on EX since they are now the most commonly used.

Cory
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.