Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Erratic NFCU CLOC & PenFed PLOC Reporting

tussking wrote:

Wanted to add my 2 cents...

My NFCU CLOC is reporting monthly accurately.

**bleep** PenFed CLOC is a joke...I used it once and let $250 report....That balance was paid in a week after it reported and it still reports $250 ---- THREE MONTHS LATER.

When you say the NFCU CLOC reports "accurately", accurately when?

End of the month?

Statement date?

FICO8 EQ 736 TU 743 EX 733 FICO5 EQ 707 Total revolving 422500
Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

PenFed PLOC reported oddly for me, too. I borrowed 1500 and paid a week later. That was two months ago. The balance is still reporting. Not sure if there is anything I can do.

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards
Established Contributor

Musiclover wrote:

PenFed PLOC reported oddly for me, too. I borrowed 1500 and paid a week later. That was two months ago. The balance is still reporting. Not sure if there is anything I can do.

Personally, I would call PenFed and ask

Frequent Contributor

It reports after statement date.

Discharged BK7 - 10.16.15
Current Fico8 - (7.15.17) EX - 659/EQ - 672/TU - 660
Total CL - $124,000.
Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

TygerHawke wrote:

Musiclover wrote:

Personally, I would call PenFed and ask

Good idea, TygerHawke! 

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

tussking wrote:

It reports after statement date.

Thanks.

Super Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked NFCU which balance they report and they wouldn't say. Here's their response:

The balance as of the date of reporting is the amount reported to the credit bureaus. Navy federal sends electronic transmission to all four major credit reporting agencies each month based on your billing cycle. The exact reporting date is unavailable

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked PenFed earlier this months and they said they send the balance on the date the statement cuts for the general banking account (checking/savings), which in my case is the 7th but I still don't have an updated balance reporting yet.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

horticulturalist wrote:
I asked PenFed earlier this months and they said they send the balance on the date the statement cuts for the general banking account (checking/savings), which in my case is the 7th but I still don't have an updated balance reporting yet.

My experience with the PenFed PLOC is that they are reporting the balance from the 3rd day of the month, which is neither the statement balance nor the end of month balance.

Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Now PenFed's reporting got even crazier.

I was just setlling in to think I could safely depend on it reporting the balance from the 3rd day of the month, but this time it reported the balance from the 6th day of the month.

Completely unpredictable.

The only pattern is that there is no pattern. They don't report the end of month balance and they don't report the statement balance.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.