Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in My Favor?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in My Favor?

So to start off bluntly I have an account with Wells Fargo that is several years delinquent (Credit Card is now closed). I am now in a much better financial position and will have the sums to pay off the account in the next few months.I was told that companies like Wells Fargo are too large to risk doing a delete for payment by several of my coworkers and family members.

Now, here lies my true questions,

If the debt gets completely paid and an error is reported in the credit report after, will the report from Wells Fargo be entirely deleted or errors updated?

For almost two years I have been receiving "Failure to Pay" marks from them but they send no statements and have no statements available online, only an "Account Summary" page. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error in My Favor?

Welcome to the forums!

If they keep putting the red boxes on your CR, then you owe them the money. Go ahead and call them when you're ready to pay.

All the best on your upcoming rebuild!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error in My Favor?

@Anonymous wrote:

So to start off bluntly I have an account with Wells Fargo that is several years delinquent (Credit Card is now closed). I am now in a much better financial position and will have the sums to pay off the account in the next few months.I was told that companies like Wells Fargo are too large to risk doing a delete for payment by several of my coworkers and family members.

Now, here lies my true questions,

If the debt gets completely paid and an error is reported in the credit report after, will the report from Wells Fargo be entirely deleted or errors updated?

For almost two years I have been receiving "Failure to Pay" marks from them but they send no statements and have no statements available online, only an "Account Summary" page. 

They will update with corrections. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.