cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!! Tuscani?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!! Tuscani?

Hi,  I will be having my credit checked in about 3-4 weeks for a new house.  Transunion is showing an auto lease account that was never late and was paid in full back in 1997  as Unrated or Bankruptcy.   The problem is that I did have a bankruptcy but that it wasn't filed until 2004 !   So it is impossible for that account to be part of the BK.    My question is:  Since I will have my credit run in 3-4 weeks for my house should I dispute it or leave it be?   My TU score is 679.  EQ: 668  EXP: 691
     I am thinking that correcting that info may bump my score a couple points so that my new middle score is at least 680.  But I am afraid it could temporarily lower it and screw me come mortgage time.    What is everyone's input on this?    Thanks.

Message Edited by flyers on 06-01-2007 10:20 AM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!!

transunion is tricky. My mother in law had some issue with them, submitted documents that proved  error and even stated the item could be removed from her credit bureau; but instead of them removing it, they kept it on and stated that it was "updated" paid in full and closed.  All the other bureaus took it off.  You have to be careful, becuase instead of getting better it could get worse.

Another example, My WAMU account balance was showing inaccurately on my bureau. We asked Transunion to update the report, what happened was they COMPLETELY REMOVED THE WAMU account from my bureau and that was my oldest account and one of my largest loans. My score fell by 60 points.  They advised they would put it back on in a few weeks. I am also in the process of getting a mortgage - boy was I not happy. Luckily my scores were good enough without that tradeline, but I would have had one of the lowest mortgage rates around if they hadnt messed up.  Oh, heres the kicker, when I called them on it, they stated my credit card company authorized the removal.  My crdit card company told me they never got such a call - I dont know who's lying.  But just be careful.  Ask your loan officer what to do or work on your other bureaus. Experian seems more flexible.  Try to get your equifax score up also, and that should help. 
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your broker tell you to get up to at least 680?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree with geyoung. TU isn't tricky. TU is evil.

Finally got tired of politely asking TU to correct my address along with a photocopy of my SSN card, Driver's License, and a utility bill. Sent it CMRRR with a veiled ITS. We're bumping up close to the 30 day window.

Message 4 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:

TU isn't tricky. TU is evil.

For me, EX is evil and TU is wonderful.  TU corrects all their mistakes  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender said that with a middle 680 I will qualify for some better programs.    I only need TU to go up 1 darn point.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

flyers wrote:
My lender said that with a middle 680 I will qualify for some better programs.    I only need TU to go up 1 darn point.

Ask your lender about Rapid Rescore.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will ask my lender about Rapid Rescore.  However,  do you think it would be wise to dispute this in hopes of getting a few points or too risky with TU and they may drop points?     

Tuscani, do you have any knowledge of situations like this?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!! Tuscani?

flyers,

Do you have anything in writing from the leasing company saying "Our bad"? If so, you could fax it to TU.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Error on Transunion report & applying for mortgage in 3-4 weeks!!! Tuscani?

Noah_Brodie,

I have nothing in writing from that bank.  EXP & EQ both have the correct info and TU had the correct info on a report a few months back.     How can an account that was paid in full satisfactory 7 years before a BK suddenly show up as "Unrated or BK".   Someone at TU isn't too bright.    I'm sure if I did an online dispute that it would be fixed with 1-2 weeks.  My fear is when they correct it that for some strange reason my score could drop instead of going up.   I'm at 679 and trying to get to 680 by late June. 
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.