Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establish Identity with ITIN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Establish Identity with ITIN

Hello

I dont have SSN. I have ITIN number. I got 2 credit card, from BofA and Citi. When i try to suscribe to equifax, transunion, experian none of them can reconise my by internet. I think that's because they use a software who try to find if my number is a SSN, but my number is not a SSN, it's a ITIN number...however i got my credit card using ITIN number...any body know how can i fix this probleme?

Thank you for your help

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Establish Identity with ITIN

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

I dont have SSN. I have ITIN number. I got 2 credit card, from BofA and Citi. When i try to suscribe to equifax, transunion, experian none of them can reconise my by internet. I think that's because they use a software who try to find if my number is a SSN, but my number is not a SSN, it's a ITIN number...however i got my credit card using ITIN number...any body know how can i fix this probleme?

Thank you for your help

Yes, banks can easily distinguish between a SSN and an ITIN. 

Your questions is interesting, though.  I wonder why they would not allow a credit report to be generated for those with an ITIN and no SSN.  Have you called the credit bureaus and asked?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can. They did. However i cant see it online. when i get my credit cards, it was in different name, because i have 2 last name, so they are confuse.... they cant verify my identity... I can get an online credit report from experian, but it's not a real report: the name of report is: VantageScore. When i try to get FICO scor, it dosent work.... TransUnion say then can only send me a copy of my report in my mailing adresse... not email... Some credit bureau say i am freez, or some think like that... I dont know how i can fix this probleme...Do you know some corporate who can fix it? i agree to pay fee to fix this probleme...

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They can. They did. However i cant see it online. when i get my credit cards, it was in different name, because i have 2 last name, so they are confuse.... they cant verify my identity... I can get an online credit report from experian, but it's not a real report: the name of report is: VantageScore. When i try to get FICO scor, it dosent work.... TransUnion say then can only send me a copy of my report in my mailing adresse... not email... Some credit bureau say i am freez, or some think like that... I dont know how i can fix this probleme...Do you know some corporate who can fix it? i agree to pay fee to fix this probleme...

Have you tried calling each credit bureau directly to see how to solve this issue?

There must be millions of people in the US with 2 last names so I wonder how they handle things.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeas, i call them. When i call them it was the indian or dont know where support team. They know nothing... they just can respond to you if the case is like other. If you have some thing different, they dont know what to do. Of curse there are a loat of Us peopel with doulble last name, but few with ITIN. When i make a search on the internet, a loat of peopel say you must take care that your name is always same. Because with ITIN number, some time credit bureau create 2 different file for same ITIN number, with different name...

It's realy creazy thing....i enroled in secured credit card to establish my credit score, and after near 2 year, it's no way to establish nothing...

I will look after a corporate who can help this issue...with not too big fee...but cant find.

Thank you for your helps.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeas, i call them. When i call them it was the indian or dont know where support team. They know nothing... they just can respond to you if the case is like other. If you have some thing different, they dont know what to do. Of curse there are a loat of Us peopel with doulble last name, but few with ITIN. When i make a search on the internet, a loat of peopel say you must take care that your name is always same. Because with ITIN number, some time credit bureau create 2 different file for same ITIN number, with different name...

It's realy creazy thing....i enroled in secured credit card to establish my credit score, and after near 2 year, it's no way to establish nothing...

I will look after a corporate who can help this issue...with not too big fee...but cant find.

Thank you for your helps.

I know what you mean.  Sometimes the customer service people aren't very clued-in on how things work.  If you can get to a supervisor it might be better.

Some people have success with a Better Business Bureau complaint.  It will at least often get you an executive relations person to help who is higher up the food chain.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeas, i must ask for a supervisor... I tryed your website, but cant find any businesse who can help me to fix it. Did you find some think?

Thank you...

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeas, i must ask for a supervisor... I tryed your website, but cant find any businesse who can help me to fix it. Did you find some think?

Thank you...

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx?siteID=113

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.