Did you mean: 

Ethics or not

tag
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ethics or not

@Anonymous wrote:

@MercyMe wrote:

Double high-five plus five more NWM!! Who do we write? Where do we sign? Who do we lobby? When and where do we begin?

Thanks for the compliment...but the answer is we don't. We're not a multibillion dollar corporation, so no one in Congress cares what we think. Instead, we wait in the shadows for the system to collapse--it's well on its way--and when it falls apart we emerge and create a new system according to our will.

Er ... the unethical majority creates a system while the rest of continue to wait .....
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...it's pretty much been like that since the Earth cooled and the dinosaurs died out. And it will probably be like that until the Sun moves off the main sequence and Earth is fried.

But the United States of America--at least in its current form--is near the end of the line. So my advice to anyone who doesn't like the current system is to focus on yourself...build yourself up, get in shape, and enjoy America's sunset years. When the system collapses, be prepared to be a leader in your community or region. If you're uncomfortable with public speaking, try Toastmasters! Make sure your voice is heard. Live a sustainable lifestyle inasmuch as you are able.

I think in most of the U.S., small to larger towns with an ample water supply and arable land around will fare decently...the large cities are apt to be unhealthy. The survivalist in the woods likely will not do well either--the Lone Ranger approach is all well and good until you need something you CAN'T provide for yourself.
Message 22 of 29
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
Yes...it's pretty much been like that since the Earth cooled and the dinosaurs died out. And it will probably be like that until the Sun moves off the main sequence and Earth is fried.

But the United States of America--at least in its current form--is near the end of the line. So my advice to anyone who doesn't like the current system is to focus on yourself...build yourself up, get in shape, and enjoy America's sunset years. When the system collapses, be prepared to be a leader in your community or region. If you're uncomfortable with public speaking, try Toastmasters! Make sure your voice is heard. Live a sustainable lifestyle inasmuch as you are able.

I think in most of the U.S., small to larger towns with an ample water supply and arable land around will fare decently...the large cities are apt to be unhealthy. The survivalist in the woods likely will not do well either--the Lone Ranger approach is all well and good until you need something you CAN'T provide for yourself.

Ah but how you have caused me to ponder, even to consider all that it is that I believe, having lived as long as it is that I have lived, having seen all that it is that I have seen, and knowing now all that is is that I have come to know, never considering myself to be so wise, but ignorant enough to continue to seek knowledge and truth, from those who are so much more wise than I, and to test it all so as not to be misled by mere philosophy and opinion, and through it all I have come to conclude that as a people, we are indeed on the brink of something far bigger than we could ever imagine, and for that we had best prepare ....
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do we know how to go deep on the weekends or what?  Ummmphhh!!!
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are ethics???Smiley Tongue

Rob
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kidding... Please don't ban me!

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL   Smiley Very Happy
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

ethics

(Greek, ethos, character) The study of the concepts involved in practical reasoning: good, right, duty, obligation, virtue, freedom, rationality, choice. Also the second-order study of the objectivity, subjectivity, relativism, or scepticism that may attend claims made in these terms. For the kinds of problems encountered, see under the special terms. For a possible distinction between ethics and morality, see morality.

mo·ral·i·ty (mə-răl'ĭ-tē, mô-) pronunciation
n., pl. -ties.

1. The quality of being in accord with standards of right or good conduct.
  2. A system of ideas of right and wrong conduct: religious morality; Christian morality.
  3. Virtuous conduct.
  4. A rule or lesson in moral conduct.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just figured everyone here might enjoy the definitions.

I'm still confused.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.