Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever heard of Collect America?

tag
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Ever heard of Collect America?

Anyone have experience dealing with Collect America?  I heard they had quite the negative reputation.  Anyway, I had an account with BoA that was not mine placed with them and I simply decided to pay it off instead of dealing with the issue--I was 19 at the time had no idea about identity theft nor collection agencies.  Anyway, I was to get this deleted and was trying to guage my chances.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ever heard of Collect America?

So?  Anyone heard of this company?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of them.

You can try a GW letter since it's paid.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the account wasn't yours I try to DV them.

Go towards the top and type "DV paid collections" or "DV paid accounts" in the search box. A few threads about this.

It can't hurt to try.
Message 4 of 7
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

They're also called CACH LLC and, I believe, CACV LLC. My gf has a collection account from them on her report. She sent 3 DV letters, hasn't had a response on any of them even though they updated her credit report as of a few days ago.

I have heard that they agree to a PFD once you document their violations, although in your instance you've already paid the account so that wouldn't work. I doubt a DV would get you anywhere, but it's worth a try. They might get rid of it if you dispute with the CRA's though.

How long ago did you pay this?
Message 5 of 7
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Exactly!  Yes, it might be too late, but I was trying to discern whether anyone had success in trying with this company.  I figured they might have purged my files; however, they updated a 2004 record in 2007 so I guess they still remember me :-).  I hesitate disputing anything after charge-off/collection because I've had companies update the records and appear to have reaged accounts....
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had both Collect America and Cach LLC holding the same collection account, until i realized they are the same -- just using a dif name.  Disputed and Cach was deleted.  I have not had much luck with Collect America tho'.....they keep ignoring me but reminding me of them by reporting.  Good Luck. Mine is a lousy 462.00 debt that i would gladly pay if they would just gladly remove.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.