cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Fair Isaac Algarithom.

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Examples of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Fair Isaac Algarithom.

@Anonymous wrote:
i have a 788 fico my wife has an 803 cant seem to go any higher however. after 15 plus years of 40-50 open paid off accounts and 15 more lines through my business that dont report, with a total of around 1,000,000 in available credit not used. never been late never a collection of any kind never a derog. but my mother has 2 credit cards and no bills but has a score of 836? i dont think there is any way to figure this one out.

A lot of it requires just being alive for a pretty long time. pizza was speculating about needing at least 30 years of credit to hit 850. If correct, that's going to put most people at age 50+. (Back then, we weren't AU'ing kindergartners! Smiley Happy ) Since I got started so late, that would put me at - let's see - age 65 with the AU card, age 71 if I can't convert to joint on it. *sigh* Where is that d**ned time machine--I can never find it when I need it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Examples of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Fair Isaac Algarithom.

I think we may underestimate the importance of living at the same address for a long time, and staying with one employer for a long time. If we take that, plus the effect of long credit history then it all points to time as being what you need to get there.
Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good points hdj - I guess I'll never get there since I enjoy moving so much!! I've lived in 6 states and and an island over the past 10 years - lol.
Message 43 of 45
notmyname
Regular Contributor

I read on myfico that kind of personal info does not come into play.
RP
Message 44 of 45
sherry200

I have an 850 also at least on 2 of the 3 agencies. Transunion has an error on it.

EQ - 850

EX – 850

TU - 790

My Equifax and Experian reports show a 20 year history. About 10 years ago when my husband was out of work or under employed for a couple of years, we had over $60K in credit card debit. Credit cards have all been paid off now. We still use 1 or 2 but we pay them off monthly. We have a mortgage (20 years) and car loans though. We are not rich by any means. We are empty nesters who both work and make a good income and pay everything on time or ahead of schedule. We live well below our means in a 1,700 square foot house. Both kids graduated from college recently so we are saving more for retirement.

The only reason I knew I had reached this score is because we are looking to build a house soon and I signed on to check our scores.  I knew our scores were over 800, I just didn't know they were "perfect".  I have no idea how we did it and we don't sit around reading boards trying to figure out how we get it.  I guess we just paid our bills on time and hit the right combination of account types.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.