cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examples of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Fair Isaac Algarithom.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Examples of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Fair Isaac Algarithom.

Please post Examples or post what you have learned as FACT and Opinion of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Algarithom.

Fair Isaacs gives us little clues made public here and there.

Like reaching the 820-830 FICO score. Not hard if you follow the rules given to us from MyFico.com.

I would like to see CR's from people that have scores in the 840's. Most people seem to have a FICO limit between 820-830. There are reasons why you are not going higher. I am searching for these reasons. You can't open a lock if you don't have the key.

Please post all known types of credit here., Such as different installments, revolving ect... Knowing what tools we have and items that might be missing can be an important factor. For instance. If you don't have an installment on your credit report your score will be higher after you have had a long term installment.

If you think "Inside the box", Reaching 800, piece of cake. 820, just as easy. 830, takes years.

Breaking 830's... people that have broken 830's this is for you. You've been able to "Think out side the box". Congratulations! I know as simple as it is, please share some ideas with us to go from 840 up to 850?

So many people I talk to say I don't want to share. Well, I am sharing some of the things I learned, please share back. Even if you don't want to tell us how you got in to the 840's at least tell us what doesn't work. Thanks.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-19-2007 10:40 PM
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Examples of the Elusive Theoretical 850 FICO score and Algarithom.

The interest rate versus credit score graph starts to flatten as your FICO passes the low 700s and goes asymptotic around 760 or so. Raising your FICO from 750 to 850 would only lower your interest rates one or two tenths of a percent. So once you get a FICO in the mid to high 700s, there's really no percentage in angling for a higher score. You're not going to gain anything significant, so why bother?

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 05-18-2007 01:31 PM
Message 2 of 45
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The interest rate versus credit score graph starts to flatten as your FICO passes the low 700s and goes asymptotic around 760 or so. Raising your FICO from 750 to 850 would only lower your interest rates one or two tenths of a percent. So once you get a FICO in the mid to high 700s, there's really no percentage in angling for a higher score. You're not going to gain anything significant, so why bother?

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 05-18-2007 01:31 PM

Over 760 its about ego and playing the game to perfection. Perfection for perfection's sake. I am getting to love this game.
Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote: So once you get a FICO in the mid to high 700s, there's really no percentage in angling for a higher score. You're not going to gain anything significant, so why bother? Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 05-18-2007 01:31 PM
As I borrow, my score drops. When my score drops below 700, so do my options for low rate loans. The difference between 750 and 850 for me is room to play. 100 extra points I can drop and still be approved for more loans. If you are in a position where you need multiple loans one after another, high scores are as important as gas in your car. Once it goes to empty you aren't going to get anywhere. :-)

But this thread is about "how to reach 850".

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-18-2007 04:43 PM

Message 4 of 45
jandj
New Contributor

My mom has a 820....one car loan, no mortgage, although she had 2 mortgages at the same time for about 5 years up until about 2 years ago.  Several credit cards although she keeps the balances VERY low and has very high CL's.  The CC's are just regular...Discover, MC, gas card, a couple of dept. stores.  I really don't know what the secret is.
Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jandj wrote:
My mom has a 820....one car loan, no mortgage, although she had 2 mortgages at the same time for about 5 years up until about 2 years ago. Several credit cards although she keeps the balances VERY low and has very high CL's. The CC's are just regular...Discover, MC, gas card, a couple of dept. stores. I really don't know what the secret is.

Thank you for your input.

If her Recent car loan is paid.

Recent mortgages paid.

Credit Card balances reported as very low.

Your mother may possibly have room to gain an additional 10 points in the credit card balance area by lowering her low balance debt just a bit more. Otherwise it looks as if she has hit the best her profile will allow. A perfect example of a perfect aged credit file that looks as if 830 is the limit. I know you 840's are out there. This is where we could use your help. Chances are if the car loan is paid, she has no inquiries, recent and old installments, good history on credit cards, very low balances to show payment history and most important... aged accounts. It's perfect. Yet lacking something if no 850. Please help us 840's.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-18-2007 04:39 PM
Message 6 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

From MyFico:

FICO High Achievers have credit scores of 760 or above.

FICO High Achievers opened their most recent account 27 months ago, on average

About 72% of FICO High Achievers did not apply for credit in the past year. Of those that did, about 20% applied for credit just once. (They obviously do not use cell phones Smiley Very Happy )

Only about 1% of FICO High Achievers have a 60 days late payment or worse listed on their credit report.

Most FICO High Achievers (about 93%), have no missed payments at all. But of those who do have a missed payment, it happened nearly 4 years ago, on average.

FICO High Achievers opened their oldest account 19 years ago, on average.

Most FICO High Achievers have an average age of accounts between 6 and 12 years.

For FICO High Achievers the ratio of  revolving balances to credit limits is 7%, on average.

FICO High Achievers opened their first revolving account 19 years ago, on average.

Virtually no FICO High Achievers have a public record or a collection listed on their credit report.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 45
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

OP: Please do not post the same thread in several forums. Thanks!
Message 8 of 45
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Tuscani wrote:

Does that mean I should not reply to both threads?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@Tuscani wrote:

Does that mean I should not reply to both threads? Smiley Very Happy

Hehe. Tuscani was kindly directing the comment to me the "author" about creating "threads" in both forums. Both threads are still active and you may post replies in both too. I got a little too excited starting a new thread and duplicated it in both forums. :-) Please post replies away!
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.