cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive Inquiries

tag
Frustrated

Excessive Inquiries

My husband and I bought a new car last week and here is the list of lenders that have pulled our reports.  The dealership did our financing but it seems like everyday we have a new inquiry on our report.  Is there anyways to get them to stop pulling since we already have a lender? We have had like 12 inquiries in the last week. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Excessive Inquiries

Is it my understanding that they are pulling them when you are not there? If so you will need to contact them and make them remove the inquiries. You can also put a freeze on your credit reports from the CRAs directly.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Frustrated wrote:
My husband and I bought a new car last week and here is the list of lenders that have pulled our reports.  The dealership did our financing but it seems like everyday we have a new inquiry on our report.  Is there anyways to get them to stop pulling since we already have a lender? We have had like 12 inquiries in the last week. 

Are they all for auto loans?  If so, they should only count as 1 inq against your score.

And if they do not have PP, then you can sue!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had like 10 in the last 2 weeks and today i was approved for an AMEX DELTA.

I guess everyone's story is different.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case you were wondering, they are trying to get a better rate on the loan, and not tell you, and keep the interest. I am sending you a message, look at the top right!
Message 5 of 7
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

So when you go to a dealership and you end up with 12 inquiries, do they have PP because you signed the credit app with the dealership?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on what you sign. If it states in writing that you give permission for multiple pulls, than yes. If not then just 1 per CRA. You will need to see a copy of what you signed. I know they count as one, but when you apply for something else they still show up as many to the lenders eye. I would still tell them to remove them. I think they will if you just ask.... in person and refuse to leave. 12 sounds pretty excessive. I would not stand for it. You definitely need to see what you signed before you jump on them. What they did could even be illegal. Imagine how fast they would remove them if not stated on the paper you signed. Hope this helps.

They need to fax the remove request to each cra to speed things up. You need to get a copy of the fax to ensure that if it does not come off you can dispute. With a letter from the dealer stating error, you should be able to dispute with even EX by mail. Good luck. I have never seen 12 "hard" hits before on the same report from 1 place. Upsetting. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.