Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive inquiries and accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Excessive inquiries and accounts

Hi -

I'm not saying its easy...except easy to run afoul of the system. I spent years chasing down and making corrections -

but worth the ffort over time. Now, as you know, the credit world seems to change daily. I'm no expert and even

though I use a monitoring system, it isn;t perfect. Chasing a FUBAR right now: a company I used  to work for and

had a corporate AMEX was not paying their bills and now, they or AMEX has put a late pay on my personal account.

I would think that will take weeks to fix...meantime, there goes 100 points of my score :-(

Message 11 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Excessive inquiries and accounts

@llecs wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit card report claims I have more inquiries than people with high credit scores. I don't recognize a number of  them and I wonder if they can be challenged? Can I ask to be shown they were for credit requests and that I authorized them? One at least was for re financing a mortgage. Can that sort of inquiry be held against me?

Ditto. Ignore the inquiries. Inquiry damage is overrated. They also only count for the first year and FICO ignores after a year old. If any were obtained for a refi, FICO will also ignore all but one within a given time frame, assuming the inquiries were for a refi.

@Anonymous wrote:

Also the report noted 29 accounts. About half of the accounts listed are closed and several are inactive. Again is it worth a challenge to get the closed accounts removed and close accounts I don't use.   

You absolutely, positively, definitely do NOT want to remove old accounts.......unless you want a big score drop.

+1000

open and closed accounts are used to calculate AverageAgeOf Accounts... lenders like a nice larger number for this one 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.