cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Caught in a lie!!! Dont always believe what they tell you over phone!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Caught in a lie!!! Dont always believe what they tell you over phone!!!!!

I have a student loan with citibank which shows a zero balance because it was transferred to another lender. It shows a default status on my CR. I contacted citibank and they agreed to remove the default status, so they sent an electronic update to all 3 cra's. Eq and TU updated, but Ex did not. I ended up contacting citibank again and they sent a second update, and ex still did not comply. I ended up having to file a dispute with Ex and sent a copy of the letter stating that the default status should be removed. Got the results of the dispute back by mail, no change. I was so angry and frustrated at this point beyond words. I called up Ex and told theme the story, the rep on the phone supposedly phone verified with citibank while I was on hold, and came back on the line and said the status should remain as it is. So I phoned citibank and spoke with a representative there who was very helpful. I explained the story to him, and he couldnt believe that eX told me that the status was unchanged. He said the rep lied to me as they said they never would of given the information out to a third party over the phone on the status of a loan. Caught experian in a RED LIE!!!! Unbelievable. This should really be no suprise to some people who already know about the evil practices of experian.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
celeste45
Valued Member

Re: Experian Caught in a lie!!! Dont always believe what they tell you over phone!!!!!

i understand, but how did contact them by phone. i have tried over 2-3 month period with no luck, i have written letters about credit accts not reported, not able to get a FICO score, a bunch of problems that i can't seem to get resolved. i would appreciate any telephone number you have. thank you sidewinder
Message 2 of 5
celeste45
Valued Member

Re: Experian Caught in a lie!!! Dont always believe what they tell you over phone!!!!!

im sorry correction aerospace 10
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is why people record their phone calls. This is also why people never call in the first place, and always keep it to written correspondence only. If they were going to verify by phone, I'd ask to be conference called in... and the phone number they used, as well as who they spoke with and title. I've never been placed on hold during a conference call, I hear everything, and they hear me. I don't trust holds to third parties. Were you able to get this representatives name and number? I know it's hard to do sometimes because they will lie or not repeat.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to reach a representative at experian, First you call and get the automated woman talking, she will ask you what you want to file a dispute with, personal information, credit items. choose credit items, then it will ask you to enter in an account number, then you enter in an account number but change a couple of numbers and the computer wont recognize it, then it will say no current items have been disputed. THen it will ask you if you want to go back and dispute the unrecognized items, choose yes and then a rep will come on, yhou can also try saying "Speak to a representative" on the auto menu, that sometimes works
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.