Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Consumer Affairs

tag
Weights
Regular Contributor

Experian Consumer Affairs

I'm hoping that someone can clarifity this for me.  In the past, I had some issues with them that have thankfully been straightened out after fighting them.  However, everytime I've called them in the last couple of years, I'm immediately transferred to their consumer affairs department.  Regular customer service claims not to have access to my file.  I asked the normal reps and a member of consumer affairs how this department differs.  I never get a clear answer.  My best guess is that they deemed me to be someone willing to sue, so only the best of the best now handle my file.  If that's the case, I've been a proud member since 2012. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Longroad
Established Contributor

Re: Experian Consumer Affairs

@Weights wrote:

I'm hoping that someone can clarifity this for me.  In the past, I had some issues with them that have thankfully been straightened out after fighting them.  However, everytime I've called them in the last couple of years, I'm immediately transferred to their consumer affairs department.  Regular customer service claims not to have access to my file.  I asked the normal reps and a member of consumer affairs how this department differs.  I never get a clear answer.  My best guess is that they deemed me to be someone willing to sue, so only the best of the best now handle my file.  If that's the case, I've been a proud member since 2012. 

Very interesting......I have only had good experience with EX, EQ however is a totally different story. Wish they would send me to consumer affairs, maybe they would be smart enough to know what you were saying.

Message 2 of 4
Weights
Regular Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

@Weights wrote:

Very interesting......I have only had good experience with EX, EQ however is a totally different story. Wish they would send me to consumer affairs, maybe they would be smart enough to know what you were saying.

I've had similar experiences with EQ as well.  It's definitely a YMMV thing, but in my case, EX has been the most difficult and rudest for whatever reason.  In the past, they made it seem like that previous erros weren't their fault and in fact partially mine.  I find no plausible basis upon which such an argument can be made.  In fact, it's their records, so how is their screwups my fault?  It was only after I made it clear to them that I wouldn't stop fighting until everything inaccurate is fixed that any real progress was made in correcting errors on my report.  I try not to call unless it's necessary anymore, but it's pretty obvious when I do that they don't like me very much if at all.  It got so bad for a while that I recognize the voice and names of employees there.  Even employees at their headquarters know who i am by the sound of my voice.

I'm in a smilar department with Equifax and Transunion as well. Everytime I call, I'm always transferred to their so called special handling team. For what it's worth, I'll say that once my file was transferred, I finally got reps who seemed to understand what I was stating.  Still, it's pretty rediculous that they never really investigate anything until backed in a corner and are finally forced to correct or pay up.  I really wish we as consumers had more say in terms of who keeps records of our personal information.  There's almost no privacy anymore. 

Message 3 of 4
Longroad
Established Contributor

@Weights wrote:

@Longroad wrote:

@Weights wrote:

I've had similar experiences with EQ as well.  It's definitely a YMMV thing, but in my case, EX has been the most difficult and rudest for whatever reason.  In the past, they made it seem like that previous erros weren't their fault and in fact partially mine.  I find no plausible basis upon which such an argument can be made.  In fact, it's their records, so how is their screwups my fault?  It was only after I made it clear to them that I wouldn't stop fighting until everything inaccurate is fixed that any real progress was made in correcting errors on my report.  I try not to call unless it's necessary anymore, but it's pretty obvious when I do that they don't like me very much if at all.  It got so bad for a while that I recognize the voice and names of employees there.  Even employees at their headquarters know who i am by the sound of my voice.

I'm in a smilar department with Equifax and Transunion as well. Everytime I call, I'm always transferred to their so called special handling team. For what it's worth, I'll say that once my file was transferred, I finally got reps who seemed to understand what I was stating.  Still, it's pretty rediculous that they never really investigate anything until backed in a corner and are finally forced to correct or pay up.  I really wish we as consumers had more say in terms of who keeps records of our personal information.  There's almost no privacy anymore. 

That is the way I am with EQ and TU. There is even on guy at TU that seems to answer the phone everytime I call, I just ask him to transfer me immediately upon his answering. EX was extremely good with handling all of my issues. I just wish there was a way to have more accountablility over something that has so much bearing on what the consumer is able to accomplish. Seems like the standard answer is almost a "tough s$!t" Very frustrating. I have even filed complaints with the CFPB and they just take the statement and go on.....not sure what their purpose actually is. I have had to go to the source to get the items cleared up. Luckily BOA and Cap 1 have been great to work with. If it were left to the CRAs and their "investigative procedures" I would really be screwed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.