Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Credit Monitoring doesn't match Experian Credit Report

tag
pennccrn
New Contributor

Experian Credit Monitoring doesn't match Experian Credit Report

Hi all: I wanted to get the community's perspective on something. Like many of us, I was a victim of the Target breach and was offerred credit monitoring through one of EX's subsidaries. I also am a AAA member and also receive free credit monitoring through another EX credit monitoring service as well.  I've noticed that through both of these services there are a number of baddies that I'm alerted to, collections, default debt 30-60 days. However, when I pull my EX file there NONE of these show up on my otherwise excellent credit history.  My TU and EQ reports are in the clear too, not reporting any of this negative information - aside from two 30 day late pays that'll drop off later this year.  Anyway, I wanted to see why this is the case and wanted to see if anyone else had this problem- it seems to only affect my EX credit report and not any others. (I get monitoring thru Credit Karma which pulls TU). I have a feeling that my CR is being merged with someone else's but why then wouldn't it show up in the CR I pull from EX ?

Just a little about my history to put this question into context. Have about a 14 year hx, AAoA is about six years, usage ratio is about 12% - my FiCO score runs about in the 760-770s. I have two 30 day late pays that occured in 2007.

Thanks! I value everyone's perspective !

Discover It 12.5K; AmEx SPG 17.5K; Arrival+ WE BarclayCard 18K; BankAmericard Cash 10.5K; Citi Double Cash 8.1K; Credit Union Card 5K; Target Redcard 1K

Starting Score: TU 620 EX 535 EQ 615
Current Score: TU 818 EX 815 EQ 807
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Credit Monitoring doesn't match Experian Credit Report

Oh that is a bit wierd.

Are the baddies yours, and on the monitoring solution are your other accounts all legit?  I'd go through the monitoring solution, but yeah something is awkward though I have a discrepancy on my own report too with Equifax: looks just fine when I pull the credit report but both MyFICO and Credit Karma don't see any positive payment history on my old BOFA tradeline, only the 3 lates... so I know there's issues somewhere with the interface and it doesn't surprise me that others have it too, but flat out wrong accounts your account may be merged or split somewhere, but on one hand the CRA is reference and that's the one the lenders get so I wouldn't worry that much about it; however, I'd probably try to push to fix it.

        
Message 2 of 4
pennccrn
New Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Oh that is a bit wierd.

Are the baddies yours, and on the monitoring solution are your other accounts all legit?  I'd go through the monitoring solution, but yeah something is awkward though I have a discrepancy on my own report too with Equifax: looks just fine when I pull the credit report but both MyFICO and Credit Karma don't see any positive payment history on my old BOFA tradeline, only the 3 lates... so I know there's issues somewhere with the interface and it doesn't surprise me that others have it too, but flat out wrong accounts your account may be merged or split somewhere, but on one hand the CRA is reference and that's the one the lenders get so I wouldn't worry that much about it; however, I'd probably try to push to fix it.

Hi Revelate: Thanks for replying. None of the baddies (or inquiries, new accounts) are mine. Spent about an hour first with the credit alert company and then another hour with EX resolution. They gave me a free CR, and it looks like none of the baddies are on there. But the credit monitoring service is still reporting the baddies as if they are mine, but I guess I don't have worry about it since its not on my CR.  Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else, even the fraud department at EX is not sure.

Discover It 12.5K; AmEx SPG 17.5K; Arrival+ WE BarclayCard 18K; BankAmericard Cash 10.5K; Citi Double Cash 8.1K; Credit Union Card 5K; Target Redcard 1K

Starting Score: TU 620 EX 535 EQ 615
Current Score: TU 818 EX 815 EQ 807
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pennccrn wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Oh that is a bit wierd.

Hi Revelate: Thanks for replying. None of the baddies (or inquiries, new accounts) are mine. Spent about an hour first with the credit alert company and then another hour with EX resolution. They gave me a free CR, and it looks like none of the baddies are on there. But the credit monitoring service is still reporting the baddies as if they are mine, but I guess I don't have worry about it since its not on my CR.  Just wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else, even the fraud department at EX is not sure.

It's probably a software glitch somewhere in the interface from the bureau to the monitoring service; I gave up trying to get mine fixed frankly but my EQ report reports as it should so I assume it's not affecting anything important.  If it's not on the bureau's report, I wouldn't sweat it... if someday you get a lender that says you have "XYZ" derogatories on your report, then raise hell but that seems unlikely to happen from what you describe.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.