cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Disputes

tag
leahnc

Experian Disputes

Equifax and Transunion have been very helpful and quick to delete or correct inaccurate accounts and inquiries.  I have not been so lucky with Experian.

In fact I asked Experian to change the status of a collection account to "Paying as agreed" because I recenty entered into a payment plan with the creditor - the status had been Unpaid.  Well they added a comment that the account is now derogatory - that comment had not been there before?.  Perhaps I disputed it too soon since I just started repaying?  

Just wondering what others experiences are with Experian disputes?  Thanks 

Message Edited by leahnc on 06-12-2009 10:05 PM

Experian Vantage 3.0 = 597
Transunion Vantage 3.0 = 670 and 672
Equifax Vantage 3.0 = 708

CC Approvals after Ch13 Bk Discharge:
Card #1 (1 week) 5/10/23 - Ally Everyday Cash Back CC $1500.00 CL | APR-V @ 29.94% | Cashback 1% & 3%
Card #2 (6 weeks) 06/11/23 - Capital One Quicksilver for Good Credit - $4000 CL | APR-V 29.99% | Cashback 1.5%

Homeowner since 10/15/2003 *30yr @ 6.5%
Mortgage Modification April 2014 (extend term | hardship) *50yr at 6.5%
Bankruptcy | Ch13 Filed on 03.16.18 | Discharged 04.28.23 (5 yrs)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian Disputes

Hi, from my experience EX really sucks with disputes, I have disputed items to either only come back verified and months later same information being disputed comes back again wrong in different ways, I feel EX lets the creditors get away with alot of things, EX really does not help the consumer.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Experian Disputes

The people at Experian is horrible.  I disputed an account several times.  Experian lied and said they contacted the creditor to verify the info.  I contacted the credit myself, and ask for the Universal Data Form to show how the account should be reported.  Experian update the status to what they want it to say. I sent a certified letter along with a copy of the UDA.  Hopefully that should settle the dispute.  If not, am getting a lawyer.   

I was thinking it was the creditor who didn't keep their word about how they would report the account.  Its Experian who is being negligent. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.