Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian EARLY EXCLUSION love!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian EARLY EXCLUSION love!!

Hey all I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago about how TransUnion deleted 5 of my account early. My credit score boosted over 100 points in one month. On the same day that I disputed with Transunion, I also disputed the same accounts with Experian. I just got the results back today because they pretty much always take 30 days. The same accounts that TransUnion deleted, Experian also deleted. I haven't seen the boost in my credit score yet as it says they were just deleted this morning. I'm hoping it is just as good as TransUnion. Equifax is stupid never works with me won't even let me into my account so that probably won't happen.lol.

A little advice though, if your account on Experian or any of the other bureaus doesn't have a date of last activity, or a date that it was supposed to be deleted it's worth a shot. All they can say is no. I noticed that TransUnion and Equifax usually have pretty good dates, the Experian account didn't really have any dates on the accounts. :-)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dman23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian EARLY EXCLUSION love!!

Congrats!

myFico Score Experian: Start (4/21/14) 626 Current (5/7/16) 841
myFico Score Equifax: Start (4/30/14) 694 Current (5/6/16) 838
myFico Score Transunion Start (5/01/2014) 727 Current (5/7/16) 842
Discover (4/24/14) 659 (5/5/16) 842
Message 2 of 7
Grafton88
Established Contributor

Congrats.  How did you dispute them?  Are they old?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed them online. Yes they are old from 2008. They were supposed to drop off between now and November I believe 2016. I used the "other" box and typed in- "accounts too old" Thankfully they agreed or they just didn't want to investigate, and deleted all of them. 5 of them total. 😉
Message 4 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Very nice! Congrats.

Message 5 of 7
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I disputed them online. Yes they are old from 2008. They were supposed to drop off between now and November I believe 2016. I used the "other" box and typed in- "accounts too old" Thankfully they agreed or they just didn't want to investigate, and deleted all of them. 5 of them total. 😉

Thanks for providing that information.  I have seen other posts where they say something was deleted and then they never say what method they used.

Congrats.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's AWESOME Iwantafabulousfico!!!

A post on another thread inspired me to take the asme steps yesterday so with the weather and all I had the day to work on them. I did mine through phone calls and started wtih EX standard CS level with no joy. Hung up and called TU but after he told me twice that they "COULD NOT" remove any CO's that early (mine is 8mths from falling off the reports) I asked to be elevated to the next level. When he balked and said that he was able to handle any of my concerns I simply said "You've already told me twice that you couldn't give me what I'm asking for so I would like to escalate to the next level please." At the next level (1st supervisory level) I probably could have had my entire record wiped clean, lol. But really, this guy was great and removed that item and a couple of other minor things like old addresses and phone #'s that no longer applied. I then went back to EX and went through 3 levels of supervisors hearing the same corporate crap but got them to "Look into it". Maybe I'll have the same results you did.
EQ, on the other hand, is quite harder to deal with but I am working with that one too.

You need to usr the phone, ask to "escalate" or "be elevated" to the next level and keep your head on calmly. It is not personal and especially at the entry level CS worker. They really don't have the power to make these types of changes so just work your way up the ladder with a calm resolve.

There are many threads here about how to obtain EE's with each CB so search for them and read through them and look at the wording and use it. Things like "I'd like to talk to the Exectuive Customer Service" or with EX you could ask for "Consumer Affairs Special Handling". The little things make a lot of difference.

Also, I read of people calling back several times in a day cycling through different Cs's and supervisors (there are more than 1 at each level) and had success finally. Other times you will not get anywhere on the first couple of trys but just call back ever few days or couple of weeks until you do.

Remember, we did't get here overnight and we won't get where we want to be overnight either!!!  (Obviously some of this of for the benefit of others that may read this thread).

Thanks again for your update and inspiration to others to dig in and get it done...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.