Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian FAKO experience!! (New info)

tag
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Experian FAKO experience!! (New info)

In the past month, I've bought 3 scores from FICO, (TU: 754 and EQ: 762; 776 today) so today I decided to see what EX has to say about me and learned the true meaning of FAKO!  (I got the report thru ACR.com so at least it didn't cost me anything until I went back looking for a score and was dinged for $5.95)

5/11/09   TU: 754

EQ: 762

6/10/09   EQ: 776  (14 pts!  yea!)

6/12/09   EX: 760  (Risk grade C) YIKES!!

The negatives:  (according to EX)

...."does not show any usable/valid real estate loans"    I have 4, including 1 HELOC  (+ 2 closed and reporting)

...."does not show any usable/valid retail, rev. accts"     I ONLY have 11  (some not used for a long time)

...."shows too few accounts"                                       Tradelines:  EQ; 20, TU; 19  (some closed, and reporting)

...."shows oldest account or loan is too short"              Oldest is 36 years, AAofA 14 years

...."shows one or more inquiries"                                 2 INQ's showing  (chkg rates to re-fi)

...."shows one 30 day late"                                         4 years ago, Home Depot (in the midst of a move) Smiley Surprised

What do you suppose is going on here?  Should I notify and have them clean it up or leave it alone?  I'm inclined to leave it alone and warn any propective creditors.

Thanks in advance for your comments, you guys are great and so is the info I've gleaned from this forum.

Desert-Rat

PS: On the good side, if I add in what EX says this is costing me in points, I'd have a 960!  lol

ETA: New info

Message Edited by Desert-Rat on 06-16-2009 10:22 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian FAKO experience!!

Just take a good, hard look at the actual Experian report. That's what creditors will be looking at, not at the FAKO score.

Make sure that the accounts that should be there, are there; that open accounts show as open and closed accounts as closed; that the date on the HD late is correct; etc etc.

If there are discrepancies between your EX report and the other two, and it's showing incorrect info, that's what you need to tackle.

Pretty crazy, though, I agree! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Out of fun I also shelled some $$ out to Experian and the VantageScore. I never pulled it before. I was assigned with a "D" at 683. At the end of the year, I had a CA pop onto my EX and my EX FICO dropped over 100 pts. It was removed right after EX and FICO parted ways, so I never got to see my score recover. But it was always my strongest score and I'd guess my EX FICO to be at upper 600s/lower 700s, especially since my report is cleaner, util lower, and age higher.
Message 3 of 8
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Hauling, Thx for the reply.  I'm still bumfuzzled tho, and have a couple more questions.....

Just take a good, hard look at the actual Experian report. Are you suggesting that I purchase the report and score from the Experian site?  This one was from ACR.com.  Does that mean that the mandated free score is actually worthless, or am I missing something here?  That's what creditors will be looking at, not at the FAKO score.  And if they paid for it, they'd be a little tweaked too!  (Uh oh, I think I know why that lender pulled my reports twice now.)

Make sure that the accounts that should be there, are there; that open accounts show as open and closed accounts as closed; that the date on the HD late is correct; etc etc.  Experian shows NOTHING except the 1 late.  Not one single other trade line from my credit history, which is substantial.  (36 yrs w/14 yrs AAofA) 

If there are discrepancies between your EX report and the other two, and it's showing incorrect info, that's what you need to tackle.  I should provide them with 19-20 tradelines?  Hmmmmmm.....  I may suggest that they pull from EQ and TU and do a copy and paste!  lol

Thanks again,

D-R

Message 4 of 8
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:
Out of fun I also shelled some $$ out to Experian and the VantageScore. I never pulled it before. I was assigned with a "D" at 683. At the end of the year, I had a CA pop onto my EX and my EX FICO dropped over 100 pts. It was removed right after EX and FICO parted ways, so I never got to see my score recover. But it was always my strongest score and I'd guess my EX FICO to be at upper 600s/lower 700s, especially since my report is cleaner, util lower, and age higher.

llecs, 

This was a Vantage score also.  I guess you buy the Plus score directly from their website.  A CA popped up?  Now I have something else to look forward to!  I'm still having trouble trying to figure out why my score was that high with NO trade lines!  Maybe we should study together, we could turn our scores into a C- or D+.... lol

I took the advice on the forums and let 2 small balances report this month.  I have some healthy CL's so my util's were at 1%.  I must have killed it when I had to put an engine in my vehicle on a trip.  (I'm sure now that's what the lender was questioning.)  (PIF, but after reporting date.)  Geeze, I didn't know what PIF was before I found this forum... or a reporting date, for that matter!

Keep up the good work, a lot of us are counting on you!

D-R

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Desert-Rat wrote:

Hauling, Thx for the reply.  I'm still bumfuzzled tho, and have a couple more questions.....

Just take a good, hard look at the actual Experian report. Are you suggesting that I purchase the report and score from the Experian site?  This one was from ACR.com.  Does that mean that the mandated free score is actually worthless, or am I missing something here?  That's what creditors will be looking at, not at the FAKO score.  And if they paid for it, they'd be a little tweaked too!  (Uh oh, I think I know why that lender pulled my reports twice now.)

Make sure that the accounts that should be there, are there; that open accounts show as open and closed accounts as closed; that the date on the HD late is correct; etc etc.  Experian shows NOTHING except the 1 late.  Not one single other trade line from my credit history, which is substantial.  (36 yrs w/14 yrs AAofA) 

If there are discrepancies between your EX report and the other two, and it's showing incorrect info, that's what you need to tackle.  I should provide them with 19-20 tradelines?  Hmmmmmm.....  I may suggest that they pull from EQ and TU and do a copy and paste!  lol

Thanks again,

D-R

Ahhhhh! You have nothing on your EX report, other than the one late? None of the TL's that show on EQ and TU are there? Whew!

Wow, if it were the other two, I'd say split file, but Experian generally doesn't get split files. Nevertheless, something is crazy wrong there.

The report from ACR is your full report; that's the one I meant. Take a close look at your demographics --spelling of your name, address (both current and previous), SSN, age, everything. Is everything correct? And does everything match what's on the other two reports?

Look at the late that's reported. Under the account name, you should see an "Address Identification Number." I don't think the other two use those, but match it with the addresses showing up in the demographics section.

My suspicion is that EX has incorrect demos on you, and the only TL which matches what they have is the late.

EQ splits files very frequently, and by now, they're pretty good about rebuilding them if you have a copy of an old EQ report with all the TL's. Experian is hardly famous for being cooperative, and I don't know how they'd feel about using an EQ or TU report for data. But if it's a question of incorrect demographics, and if you can get them to correct this, everything should pop back up OK, although maybe not the closed ones.

Another (more likely, perhaps) possibility is that there is a separate Experian file on you, with everything there, but it has incorrect demographics, and so it can't be accessed. Just think, one file drawer down, there it is, just waiting...

Good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

Re: Experian FAKO experience!! [Updated]

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Ahhhhh! You have nothing on your EX report, other than the one late? None of the TL's that show on EQ and TU are there? Whew!  Yes, ONLY 1 TL.  Period.  And wouldn't you know it's the only derog we have!  (Well, not exactly, it appears there is no WE.)  I sprung for another 6 bucks and pulled his EX on ACR.  The derog is NOT on HIS report.  20 TL's, no negs, Vantage=951.  I want a piece of that!

Wow, if it were the other two, I'd say split file, but Experian generally doesn't get split files. Nevertheless, something is crazy wrong there.  (Candidate for split file?)

The report from ACR is your full report; that's the one I meant. Take a close look at your demographics --spelling of your name, address (both current and previous), SSN, age, everything. Is everything correct? And does everything match what's on the other two reports?  Ahhh...... mistake found!  They have me 2.5 years older!  Wrong b/d, and not even his!  Addy's are close enough.  2 moves in 36 yrs.

Look at the late that's reported. Under the account name, you should see an "Address Identification Number." I don't think the other two use those, but match it with the addresses showing up in the demographics section.  (Addy ID# on EX only, NO match in demos!! ??)

My suspicion is that EX has incorrect demos on you, and the only TL which matches what they have is the late.  (They have most, but not all of the AKA's I've used for the last hundred or so years. Smiley Wink  I hate(d) my given name and haven't used it since childhood.)  That's in another thread, somewhere.  Married name is typo'd so often I started a collection.

EQ splits files very frequently, and by now, they're pretty good about rebuilding them if you have a copy of an old EQ report with all the TL's. Experian is hardly famous for being cooperative, and I don't know how they'd feel about using an EQ or TU report for data. But if it's a question of incorrect demographics, and if you can get them to correct this, everything should pop back up OK, although maybe not the closed ones.  I don't think that would hurt me.  Most of the closed are from defunct banks, stores, etc., with Gottchalks being the next to go. 

Another (more likely, perhaps) possibility is that there is a separate Experian file on you, with everything there, but it has incorrect demographics, and so it can't be accessed. Just think, one file drawer down, there it is, just waiting...

Good luck!

Please tell me what you think about this......  The late was a Home Depot issued by Citi.  I checked it out yesterday, CLD'd to 2501.00, so I put some posies on it just to get some action.   In 2003-04, we did a complete re-model and bought close to 100K in materials at HD, which I can document, altho not on the HD CC.  (Chase/for mileage)  I'm seriously considering asking for a GW CR delete.  I think I need to direct it to HD instead of Citi.  Correct?  Until I get this one figured out I'm not contacting EX.  Smiley Wink

Thanks In Advance,

D-R

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Experian FAKO experience!! [Updated]

Please tell me what you think about this......  The late was a Home Depot issued by Citi.  I checked it out yesterday, CLD'd to 2501.00, so I put some posies on it just to get some action.   In 2003-04, we did a complete re-model and bought close to 100K in materials at HD, which I can document, altho not on the HD CC.  (Chase/for mileage)  I'm seriously considering asking for a GW CR delete.  I think I need to direct it to HD instead of Citi.  Correct?  Until I get this one figured out I'm not contacting EX.  Smiley Wink

Thanks In Advance,

D-R

Well, I can see why you'd like to get Home Depot on your side when making this request, but it's Citi that giveth and taketh away info on the credit report. Unless you used a Citi card for your remodeling purchases, I doubt they'll be impressed by all the business you gave HD. You never know, though.

Some report luck with GW's from Citi; others not.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.