Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Fax Dispute does NOT work

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian Fax Dispute does NOT work

I just called EX, and they said they do NOT accept FAX disputes.   Did I get a poor customer service rep, or is this true?

I faxed them a dispute on Friday 12/14, and was checking to ensure they received it.   But the rep told me they "don't accept fax disputes".

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Knowing EX's lack of customer service, this is not surprising.  But other posts here have said otherwise, and I'd like everyone to be clear on expectations.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Fax Dispute does NOT work

Check online. I thought mine was ignored but went online today to see it's in dispute. Though they haven't removed the ones that needs to be removed...
Message 2 of 5
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

I faxed a dispute to EX and they sent me a letter saying that need ID verification to continue with the dispute process... this was back in late October/early November of this year. The policy could have recently changed, but I'll be submitting the address verification one I have it; I recently moved and don't have any acceptable new statements or records with my new address.
Message 3 of 5
bradfordhog
Established Member

I used the fax dispute twice in the past 3 months.  They  accepted both, although I also had a CSR tell me that they didn't accept fax disputes. 

Message Edited by bradfordhog on 12-17-2007 04:12 PM
Message 4 of 5
bradfordhog
Established Member

Boscoe, if you have a report number, go to the Experian website, you can check your report there and if items are under investigation, it will show.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.