Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian File # to file dispute

tag
gidget
New Contributor

Experian File # to file dispute

I am so frustrated.  I need to file a dispute online or speak to a costumer representative.  The report I ordered from Experian does not have a file #.  The representative said there is nothing that can be done without this number.  They said all they can suggest is I email the company or write to them.  I asked a customer service representative if I could speak to a supervisor and she said "no, there's nothing they can do either. I'm going to transfer you." and I said "no, please don't transfer for me I need to speak to a supervisor." and she proceeded to transfer me.  The representative before her said she was going to transfer me and I asked her to please not transfer me and she transferred me as well..to a recorded line where you must have your file number.  I have been emailing them for a week with no answer.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian File # to file dispute

look on your report for a REPORT #  this is what they are asking for.
Message 2 of 13
gidget
New Contributor

Thank you.  I have but I don't see one. 
Message 3 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the wonderful world of experian.  I believe you must have a report #, to do a dispute over the phone. If you have an old report, like even if it's 90 days old, try that.  You can also go on www.annualcreditreport.com, and pull 1 from experian, BUT DO NOT dipute on annualcreditreport.com, only use the info, and then dispute over phone or thru fax or mail.  If you have already received a free report in the past year, you will have to buy one from Experian, on their website, and you can also dispute online.  Hope this helps
Message 4 of 13
gidget
New Contributor

I guess I'll order another report in hopes it will have a file number.
Message 5 of 13
gidget
New Contributor

Thanks.  I did order the free one and then 2 weeks later, I ordered a new one from myfico.  The free one was replaced on line by the new one.  I asked Experian to please let me see the original one and they told me it isn't possible, that the new one is updated and replaces the old one. 
Message 6 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

It's not a file # on experian, it says report # at the top of your page
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't a number on the ex MyFico report. You have to get a report from them to get a report number. You can try and enter your personal info here https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=CDIRESELLER&rid=R004 to file a dispute.
Message 8 of 13
gidget
New Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I have tried to enter a dispute online but it gives me an error message telling me to call a number.  When I call that number it asks for the report number.  When I ordered the report from myfico, it replaced my free report online and made the original report disappear (that one had different, more accurate information on it).  Luckily, I had printed out the first report (forgot I had) and have located it. 

The report number IS on that one Smiley Happy

So now I can call Experian and enter my number and hopefully talk to someone and find out why I can't dispute online.  It's for an address dispute.

Message 9 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Good luck!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.