Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Now Offers FICO Score

tag
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Experian Now Offers FICO Score

So since joining MyFICO and still in my rebuilding, I have credit monitoring not just with MyFICO, but with the Bureaus as well. I went to check on my Experian report today for the first time since November and saw that Experian now offers a FICO score with their monthly monitoring and credit report.

In regards to how close Experian's FICO is compared to MyFICO, Experian is reporting a score of 623 whereas MyFICO is reporting 594. However, MyFICO is using a credit report pulled from November 2014 and is updating my score based off of that that information. Experian generates a new score with each report I pull, assuming I don't pull daily and there hasn't been any new activity between pulls.

Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian Now Offers FICO Score

@Duke84 wrote:

So since joining MyFICO and still in my rebuilding, I have credit monitoring not just with MyFICO, but with the Bureaus as well. I went to check on my Experian report today for the first time since November and saw that Experian now offers a FICO score with their monthly monitoring and credit report.

In regards to how close Experian's FICO is compared to MyFICO, Experian is reporting a score of 623 whereas MyFICO is reporting 594. However, MyFICO is using a credit report pulled from November 2014 and is updating my score based off of that that information. Experian generates a new score with each report I pull, assuming I don't pull daily and there hasn't been any new activity between pulls.

Both myFICO and EX offer the FICO 08 model. I'd wait until you're sure all information is up to date from both sites and then compare once again.

Message 2 of 4
Duke84
Regular Contributor

I did get all new reports for myFICO and compared the information. Everything checks out, and indeed, the FICO score from Experian is the same as myFICO.

Going to continue my rebuilding. My hope is by August, my scores will be much better than what they are.
Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Duke84 wrote:
I did get all new reports for myFICO and compared the information. Everything checks out, and indeed, the FICO score from Experian is the same as myFICO.

Going to continue my rebuilding. My hope is by August, my scores will be much better than what they are.

Good to know.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.