Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian Report and BK

tag
fixfico
Established Member

Experian Report and BK

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone have an experience similar to mine on their Experian report that have filed for BK.  The BK was filed in 2003 and Myfico shows that I have 72 late payments on the accounts that were included in the BK.  Some of the lates appear before 2003 and some as late as 2005.  The report also have them listed as charge-offs.  Experian is the only report that lists them this way - EQ & TU shows them as included in BK, $0 balance and no history before or after the BK. 

The weird part is that my EX report has the highest score even though it is showing 72 late payments.  My current scores are EX 640; TU 607 and EQ575; EQ was 595 but because of disputing 2 items it dropped 20 points.  Once dispute is settled, hoping to gain the points back.

I have disputed all the late pays on EX and am waiting to hear the results but, I thought it was weird to have all the late pays for accounts included in the BK listed and wanted to know if anyone else had this on their EX reports.

Thanks!

Message Edited by fixfico on 07-29-2007 03:01 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian Report and BK

You need to contact EX or dispute them with Ex. All TL included in BK are suppose to reports as being included in BK, $0 balance, and no lates.

Even though your EX has a higher score, it may go up with it doesn't show 72 lates.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates reported before the BK are still valid, correct? Most of my account included in the BK show lates from before the BK.
Message 3 of 6
fixfico
Established Member

From what I have been reading, I think they can report lates prior to the BK but, I wish EX would report like EQ and TU.  I was just looking again at my Chase account and here it how it is listed:

Account History:
Charge Off as of Jul 2003 to May 2005
Filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on June 30, 2005

This is incorrect........the BK was filed 5/2003 therefore, this has to come off as half of the lates are just on Chase along.  I have disputed them and will have to way 30 - 45 days to get a resolution.  I have also disputed the others and hope they come off as well even though there is no guarantee since some of them were before the BK.

Thanks again!
Message 4 of 6
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Fax a copy of the discharge letter to the CRAs.  That should get the date issue fixed.  Dispute the lates as inaccurate.
Message 5 of 6
fixfico
Established Member

Great idea....I will fax it tomorrow.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.