Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian VantageScore?

tag
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Experian VantageScore?

What exactly is it? I'm understanding that an EX fico is nonexistent for us to check on our own? I ask because I disputed a few things on my EX cr and it has been updated, and 2 new cc's have been added since, and a new car loan will be added soon. I want to see the difference. When the CU ran my EX, it was 566. I tried using the credit simulator on CK but its not working(and I know its not accurate anyway, but just wanted an idea). I am curious to see how the new credit will help or hurt me. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian VantageScore?

CK is TU based.  I can never get the simulator on there to work either.   No matter what I put in, it gives me a +1 point.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

It has worked for me in the past. And it works when I check the box "pay off all cc balances" but when I try to add a new cc or loan amount now, its not working. it was working before though Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Even if you get the simulator to "work" not sure what good the information will do.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I'm just looking for a general idea of how the new cc's and auto loan are going to affect my credit. I don't expect the number to be exact.

Message 5 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

It's not uncommon for FAKO and FICO scores to trend in opposite directions.  I've seen my Vantage score go up 30 points the same day that my Transrisk score dropped 60 points, all the while my FICO never changed.  You're just not going to be able to gain much information at all about what your FICO score is likely to do based on a change in your FAKO, much less an estimated change in your FAKO.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@jdirilo wrote:

I'm just looking for a general idea of how the new cc's and auto loan are going to affect my credit. I don't expect the number to be exact.

How many CCs do you have now?

When's the last time you had any new OC accounts report?

How will util be impacted when they report?

What's the impact, if any, to AAoA?

Message 7 of 9
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

There are two cc's that are not yet reporting to experian. So I have a total of 4, and AU on 1. 

Sorry, I am not sure what OC means, I am assuming something with collection accounts?

Right now my util is about30-40%, and when the new CC's report, it should drop, not sure how much. 

My AAoA went from 2 years 2 mo to 1 year 3 mos when two of the cards hit my CR. 

Sorry, I am still fairly new and trying to learn all of the lingo and acronyms! I am trying to understand as much about credit as I possibly can(even double majoring in credit/finance and nursing!) so please, go easy on me Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jdirilo wrote:

What exactly is it? I'm understanding that an EX fico is nonexistent for us to check on our own? I ask because I disputed a few things on my EX cr and it has been updated, and 2 new cc's have been added since, and a new car loan will be added soon. I want to see the difference. When the CU ran my EX, it was 566. I tried using the credit simulator on CK but its not working(and I know its not accurate anyway, but just wanted an idea). I am curious to see how the new credit will help or hurt me. Thanks!

It is not totally nonexistant. If you have access to a CU in PA (PSECU) you can get your EX FICO for free monthly. You have to be a PA resident to get in. There are people experimenting with a loophole to get in. you can find out about this on this link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Would-you-pay-75-bucks-to-join-PSECU/td-p/1610412

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.