Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian & drop offs

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Experian & drop offs

My final derog used to show a dropoff date of November 2011 on my Experian report.  Near the end of November, I noticed it didn't have that notation anymore.  I thought it was just because it was going to be coming off soon.  But as of today, that notation is still not appearing anymore, & the derog is still there.

It came off my Equifax report early in November, which made me think it would be coming off my other 2 reports soon.  I think it came off earlier than it should have, but that doesn't really explain why the notation disappeared.  If anything, I would think they would just update it with the correct date.

Has anyone ever had this happen before?  I hope it comes off by the end of January, which is when I think it is actually due to come off.  I was hoping I would be lucky enough to start the new year with clean reports, but as long as it comes off when it's supposed to, I'm fine with that!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Experian & drop offs

Congrats on ( almost ) finally getting a clean report !!!  Do you have an older copy of your report that you could send to EX showing the Nov 11 drop off date ?   If so they might be willing to remove it.   Or you can just wait, January is only a few weeks away, right ??   Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I think I documented this, but DW had a CapOne CO that showed a drop off date for EX on 10/2010 IIRC. When November hit, they changed the drop off date to 11/2010. When December hit, they changed the drop off date to 12/2010 and somewhere mid-month, it fell off. I might be off by a month, but it was close to that. EX is as EX does. IMO and IME, for EX, add 1 month to whatever month they report as a drop off. Since the FCRA throws that 180 days in there per reporting, I excused it because it was still within the 7.5 years.

There are times an OC will update their reporting to show as a positive. If this baddie is an OC, consider that too. My last baddie, a redeemed repo with lates, just reverted to a positive account on all 3. It was scheduled to delete in March, but now the drop off dates for TU and EX disappeared.

Message 3 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I think I documented this, but DW had a CapOne CO that showed a drop off date for EX on 10/2010 IIRC. When November hit, they changed the drop off date to 11/2010. When December hit, they changed the drop off date to 12/2010 and somewhere mid-month, it fell off. I might be off by a month, but it was close to that. EX is as EX does. IMO and IME, for EX, add 1 month to whatever month they report as a drop off. Since the FCRA throws that 180 days in there per reporting, I excused it because it was still within the 7.5 years.

There are times an OC will update their reporting to show as a positive. If this baddie is an OC, consider that too. My last baddie, a redeemed repo with lates, just reverted to a positive account on all 3. It was scheduled to delete in March, but now the drop off dates for TU and EX disappeared.

+1

Experian has a mind of their own. But from DW reports it took about 2 months before fell off from the originally date they had listred. Her date also fell off the report but still reported for a few more months.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Anticipated or expected "drop off" dates included in many commericial credit reports are just estimates, and have no real weight.

If you know what type of derog it was, and its date of occurance, then the legal credit report exclusion date just becomes a matter of math. What type of adverse item is it, and when did it occur?  If a collection or charge off, what is the DOFD?

The exclusion date under the statute is the maximum permissible date of continued CR inclusion.  CRAs can begin excluding the information earlier, and there is no telling what period they used to estimate THEIR date of action.  An item could easily pass the estimated date an yet still not have passed the statutory limit.

Message 5 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats on ( almost ) finally getting a clean report !!!  Do you have an older copy of your report that you could send to EX showing the Nov 11 drop off date ?   If so they might be willing to remove it.   Or you can just wait, January is only a few weeks away, right ??   Smiley Wink

i'm not worried about it getting removed......i've waited this long, heck, what's another month or two!  LOL.  i was just wanting to know about the drop off date disappearing.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

thanks llecs, that's just what i was asking about.  i just found it strange that the date disappeared!  (oh, yes, it is an OC)

Message 7 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Anticipated or expected "drop off" dates included in many commericial credit reports are just estimates, and have no real weight.

If you know what type of derog it was, and its date of occurance, then the legal credit report exclusion date just becomes a matter of math. What type of adverse item is it, and when did it occur?  If a collection or charge off, what is the DOFD?

The exclusion date under the statute is the maximum permissible date of continued CR inclusion.  CRAs can begin excluding the information earlier, and there is no telling what period they used to estimate THEIR date of action.  An item could easily pass the estimated date an yet still not have passed the statutory limit.

again, not really trying to force it off my reports or anything.  i was just curious about the date disappearing.  i've already waited nearly 7 years for it to come off my reports, it seems ridiculous to be impatient about it now Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Why don't you just call TU and ask them to remove it?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

???  i'm not trying to get it off early, i was just asking about the drop off date.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.