cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian and Trunsunion dates of removal are different by 3 months.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian and Trunsunion dates of removal are different by 3 months.

When reviewing my credit reports from Transunion and Experian, I noticed that the "estimated date this item will be removed" date from Transunion is different than the "This account is scheduled to continue on record unti" date from Experian. The Experian date is actually earlier, to my surprise (hate Experian).

For one of my accounts, the date of removal is December 2015 onTransunion, and the date is October 2015 on Experian. the Date of First Delinquency showing on Transunion looks like it's January, 2009. Hard to tell if the dates of first delinquency are the same or not, since Experian doesn't appear to show that in the tradeline information. Is this common, or is there a discrepancy somewhere?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Experian and Trunsunion dates of removal are different by 3 months.

not uncommon at all. Ihave recently removed 7 baddies from my files and all of them had a month or two of difference in DOFD and scheduled to be removed.

Message 2 of 4
EW800
Valued Contributor

I too show a difference of a month or two on my negative TL's, as far as removal date. I'm guessing not all that uncommon. Perhaps has to do with when the DoFD was first reported to each CRA?
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD that is reported for the same debt must be the same with each CRA.

It is a factual date based only on your accunt history with the creditor.

The maximum statutory exclusion date is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD.

Each CRA usually builds in its own early eaclusion cushion to ensure they dont exceed the statutory max date.

It is usually around 6 months, but can vary.  Thus, you wont see consistent exclusion date estimates amongst the CRAs.

Yes, it is very common.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.