Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian credit card charge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian credit card charge

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I was checking my credit card info and it said that there was a charge of $9.95 done on May 16th from Experian Credit Info.  I do not recall authorizing anything from Experian but I do remember that normally there fee is $11.95 and the name would be Credit Expert or something like that.  And it only gave a partial phone number of 866-506-78 and the last 2 numbers are missing.

Does anyone ever remember getting charges from Experian Credit Info or remember seeing this phone number?  Maybe someone can refresh my memory as to what this would be for to see if I actually did authorize this. 

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Experian credit card charge

866-506-7888, 866-506-7894, and 866-506-7895 all belong to various Experian products like CCT, Freecreditreport.com, consumerinfo.com, Triple Advantage, etc. It comes from one of those. EX does like to hide monthly charges into their fine print. For example, FCR isn't free and I believe there is a monthly reoccuring charge.
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

866-506-7888, 866-506-7894, and 866-506-7895 all belong to various Experian products like CCT, Freecreditreport.com, consumerinfo.com, Triple Advantage, etc. It comes from one of those. EX does like to hide monthly charges into their fine print. For example, FCR isn't free and I believe there is a monthly reoccuring charge.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

Thank you so much!  It turns out it was CCT which I thought was cancelled back in March!  I sent an email asking to cancel and they never responded saying anything so I just assumed that it was cancelled.  The rep then proceeded to tell me that I called on May 1st and they offered me a $10 discount so that is why I was charged $9.95.  This was the first time I've ever been charged anything from them, which is why I assumed it had been cancelled!  If I had cancelled back in March WHY would I call them to cancel on May 1st and agree to a $10 discount???????

And then she said that she couldn't give me my money back because it states on the website there are no refunds.  Then when I asked to speak to a supervisor, she put me on hold, came back and all of a sudden they can credit my account back within 7-10 business days!  That's is because they know I didn't call then to ask for any kind of discount!  I told her to let me hear this so called taped conversation but she kept interrupting me saying that they went ahead and processed the refund.

I will NEVER deal with CCT again!  Who knows what else they could process saying that I authorized it!

Thanks llecs!

I'm sorry for the long response. I just had to vent, LOL!

Message Edited by kawgirl23 on 05-19-2009 02:14 PM
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

kawgirl23 wrote:

I'm sorry for the long response. I just had to vent, LOL!

Wow. Sorry that happened. Going OT here. Reminds me of the phone call I had with a major cell phone carrier today. In January, we added 1 extra line to our existing two lines. Well, we are on auto-draft and never paid attention to the bills like we should have and they added two extra instead of one. I notice the error and called. They said that it is company policy not to refund any money beyond 60 days, or two bills worth. Mind you they confirmed that the 4th line was never activated, never received calls, and never had any outgoing calls. The CSR was adamant that there are to be no refunds for my Feb. and Mar. bills. Just as I am getting red in the face, looking up BBB info, figuring out a game plan, the CSR proposes to add minutes to compensate. So, we mutually compromised that she would add an extra 300 minutes per line for the next 3 months. Since we go over all the time, this made up for it.

Your story remind me of why we all dislike EX.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.