Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian, credit cards not reported

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Experian, credit cards not reported

My DW just got her EX report and it only shows her latests card (from 1 month ago), her cards from February (BoA, Discover), and AU from March (My Discover), don't show in her report.

My EX report show both my cards (BoA, Discover) from March.

She already chat with BoA and Discover. BoA give her a report number and Discover asked her to call/mail for a dispute and they will send a mid cycle report.

Is that enough or she needs to send a dispute to EX directly?

Thank you

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Experian, credit cards not reported

I would deal with the lenders directly and give them some time to get it reporting now that they are aware of the issue. I don't think it should be an issue. Just make sure that when they begin reporting, they show the correct account open date and account history. 

Message 2 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

Thank you.

BoA said that in 7-10 business days she will receive an update on her dispute. 

Message 3 of 12
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@newhis wrote:

My DW just got her EX report and it only shows her latests card (from 1 month ago), her cards from February (BoA, Discover), and AU from March (My Discover), don't show in her report.

My EX report show both my cards (BoA, Discover) from March.

She already chat with BoA and Discover. BoA give her a report number and Discover asked her to call/mail for a dispute and they will send a mid cycle report.

Thank you

You are on the right track. BOA is pretty good at resolving reporting issues as per my experience. You can use the EX report number from the paper report and keep checking updated report online, you should be good in couple of days.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 4 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

Now EX shows all history for my DW BoA card, that's great.

Message 5 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Happy this all worked out for ya! Best of luck in your further credit journey Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

@newhis wrote:

Now EX shows all history for my DW BoA card, that's great.

My wife didn't look closely to the report. I added her to my BoA card, so is my card the one it shows in her report, as AU.

She just received a letter from BoA saying that it will take a little longer to resolve the issue.

Message 7 of 12
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

wth! Did they say how long? If not I would talk to a credit analyst and find out.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 8 of 12
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@newhis wrote:

You can't dispute something that isn't on the report.  The issue is that the account isn't reporting.  Creditors report to the CRA's.  The CRA's don't pull account data from the creditors.

Message 9 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

@CreditPlay wrote:

wth! Did they say how long? If not I would talk to a credit analyst and find out.

I think 30 days, they sent the letter after 7 business days

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.