Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian dispute

I have been having trouble getting incorrect addresses removed from Experian.(TransUnion & Equifax removed right away) After disputing with them several times, they refuse to remove the incorrect addresses due to it being reported by a creditor. (These are for accounts that do not belong to me)

I filed a complaint with the BBB, and on 2/25/10 I received a letter from Experian Consumer Affairs Special Services stating that they were investigating, and to wait 30 -45 days for the results. I also recieved a copy of my credit report from them the same day, dated 2/25/10, different envelope.

On 4/11/10, it will have been 45 days, and still no response from Experian.

What is my next step? Send a letter demanding deletion for failure to comply with the FCRA? File a complaint with the FTC? AG?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Experian dispute

Disputing the incorrect address will not fully solve the problem. Since this address is being reported by creditor for accounts that are not yours dispute those accounts.  Just getting the address removed will not help that much as soon as the creditro re-reports those account(s) the address will return to your credit report. Are those accounts that are not yours being reported by the other bureaus also?

I edited the orginal message after reading the original post.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is not only an incorrect address but a fraudulent account?

Have you tried to dispute the account as not yours?  Not just the address.

Message 3 of 5
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been having trouble getting incorrect addresses removed from Experian.(TransUnion & Equifax removed right away) After disputing with them several times, they refuse to remove the incorrect addresses due to it being reported by a creditor. (These are for accounts that do not belong to me)

I filed a complaint with the BBB, and on 2/25/10 I received a letter from Experian Consumer Affairs Special Services stating that they were investigating, and to wait 30 -45 days for the results. I also recieved a copy of my credit report from them the same day, dated 2/25/10, different envelope.

On 4/11/10, it will have been 45 days, and still no response from Experian.

What is my next step? Send a letter demanding deletion for failure to comply with the FCRA? File a complaint with the FTC? AG?

Thanks for your help!

You need to be dealing with the creditor. Call or write them.

We worked and worked to get an incorrect address off of our reports. They would take it off, and then the same creditor would report the next month, and the address would reappear.

You need to get to the source.

Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If the accounts are not the OPs a dispute needs to be filed along with a police report and fraud/identity theft.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.